Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Homelink, No Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And as an update, only the frunk liner on my 2022 M3P needed to be removed to install the HomeLink module. The front bumper no longer needs to be removed, but I did have to teach the mobile service technician how to program it in the car with the "learn" button on my garage door/gate. 😄

Reactions: lUtriaNt
what has changed now in the 2022 that you no longer have to remove the bumper? on my 3 2020 build 3p the ranger had to do that and now as i just got my 2/2022 m3p a week ago with my appt for next monday, this is actually a GOOD thing if the only thing that needs to be done is removing the liner! did you suggest this or did the ranger just know to remove it on his own @CreoUCLA ?

what has changed now in the 2022 that you no longer have to remove the bumper? on my 3 2020 build 3p the ranger had to do that and now as i just got my 2/2022 m3p a week ago with my appt for next monday, this is actually a GOOD thing if the only thing that needs to be done is removing the liner! did you suggest this or did the ranger just know to remove it on his own @CreoUCLA ?

The technician knew, as I asked him upfront if he needed to remove the front bumper (as I had read threads previously that it needed to be removed). I watched the install, and he showed me a couple different mounting points for the HomeLink module and where the wiring harness was. Once the module was mounted and plugged in, he reinstalled the frunk liner and grabbed his laptop to configure the software update inside the car. It didn't take more than ~30 minutes to complete.