Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No HOV sticker for Model3 ??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People I work with pointed out that:

1) ZEVs pollute less than ICE SUVs when stuck in traffic,
2) We would have fewer air pollution days if trucks and SUVs used the HOV lanes, and ZEVs were stuck in traffic.

I think this is a short term view, but on a daily basis, it is in "everyone's" interest ...

Have you considered working with different people?

Reactions: melindav
People I work with pointed out that:

1) ZEVs pollute less than ICE SUVs when stuck in traffic,
2) We would have fewer air pollution days if trucks and SUVs used the HOV lanes, and ZEVs were stuck in traffic.

I think this is a short term view, but on a daily basis, it is in "everyone's" interest ...

Once the price of EVs goes down and there's more competition, I think everyone's interest is better served by taxing the crap out of ICEs like cigarettes until people go broke or quit. Like a "sin" tax.

The pollution is quite literally killing people in China.

Reactions: TaoJones
Have you considered working with different people?
Hoping to sell them with the Model 3. I know their price point and am hoping that Tesla will choose to serve them. One [stated that they] would buy one at the tax incentive price. How many people does Tesla want to receive the incentive?

Another person is interested, but has no electricity access each day, think that is something we can solve...

Last edited by a moderator:
How many people does Tesla want to receive the incentive?

As many as possible.

There is no tax incentive price really... the price is the price. Whether you get money back from taxes at the end of the year is another story. If you're going to finance then you're going to finance the full price not the full price minus a future tax credit.

As many as possible.

There is no tax incentive price really... the price is the price. Whether you get money back from taxes at the end of the year is another story. If you're going to finance then you're going to finance the full price not the full price minus a future tax credit.

I would float a zero interest credit card loan for the amount of the tax credit, then finance from there.

I would float a zero interest credit card loan for the amount of the tax credit, then finance from there.
Either way you pay full price at delivery is what I mean. At this point if they don't already have a preorder I highly doubt they'll get a full tax credit. They'd be lucky for half or a quarter of the credit.

Tesla has made it very clear that they can increase the number of preorders anytime they want... which means they are holding back a killer feature. You'd need to convince your co-workers before the Model 3 reveal part 2 or there's no way they'll see any sort of credit.

Reactions: melindav
and if your vehicle is delivered in January and your taxes are not filed for 12-14 months? where are you getting a credit card that does not require payments for over a year? I can possibly see that working if you took delivery the last week of the year and filed your taxes early, but otherwise not so much.

and if your vehicle is delivered in January and your taxes are not filed for 12-14 months? where are you getting a credit card that does not require payments for over a year? I can possibly see that working if you took delivery the last week of the year and filed your taxes early, but otherwise not so much.

If you buy it in January, you can reduce your witholdings to to the IRS to get yourself the amount of the tax credit over time in your paycheck. Then use that money to pay back the loan. You just don't get it as a lump sum when you do it that way

Reactions: 22522
Tesla has made it very clear that they can increase the number of preorders anytime they want... which means they are holding back a killer feature.

I get the idea that the window is closing.
There might be some overstatement of Tesla capability [to create orders without incentives].
Folks here talked about the follow on to the model 3 that will be lower priced.

Maybe the extra battery is a CPO strategy to let Tesla offer a warranty on the battery to support pre owned sales.
Many of my friends buy used cars, which with battery life unknowns means Gas powered vehicles,.. Until now.

I like the idea of HOV meaning HOV.
The idea for HOV lanes was to reduce traffic congestion and air pollution.

Even one person can be high occupancy if you consider a ratio of carbon emissions per mile per person.

In the US a long time ago they began noticing problems with HOV lanes they called "empty lane syndrome" where during peak hours you'd get an underutilized lane (wasting tax payer money while not helping traffic congestion). This lead to less restrictions on the type of vehicles that could use it.