Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No incentive to keep improving AutoPilot on HW1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Specifically, what is better than it was before the recent borking?

Curve trajectories, properly adjusting speeds both in, and coming out of, sharper curves (only went through one so I probably shouldn't use plural words for this point but it's always struggled with that until now), better lane centering and virtually zero drifting or ping ponging, lane changes worked all the time, every time without issue.

It's hard to describe "how" it's better but I feel pretty confident it's substantially better just by the way the car drove and behaved...

Jeff

• Informative
Reactions: Max* and kavyboy
Curve trajectories, properly adjusting speeds both in, and coming out of, sharper curves (only went through one so I probably shouldn't use plural words for this point but it's always struggled with that until now), better lane centering and virtually zero drifting or ping ponging, lane changes worked all the time, every time without issue.

It's hard to describe "how" it's better but I feel pretty confident it's substantially better just by the way the car drove and behaved...

Jeff

What about speed limiting, any changes to nags, etc?

Sad we have to vet early adopters of firmware before we decide if it's upgrade or downgrade...

What about speed limiting, any changes to nags, etc?

Sad we have to vet early adopters of firmware before we decide if it's upgrade or downgrade...

Speed limiting? Well it's the same on freeways as it's always been an capped at +5 on side streets. Nags? I have never received a single nag in my entire 1yr+ of ownership unless I was trying to get one intentionally so I can't comment on nag frequency as I held the wheel like I always do...

Jeff

Reactions: Topher

Jeff

Agree, am noticing a marketed improvement from 7.1 as well!