Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Internet since last update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The internet on my Model S has not worked since the last update a few days ago. I can no longer get wind reports for kitesurfing at my favourite spots :crying:. The Google map still works, so I'm getting data for that. My car is a 40/60 without the tech package. I'm thinking Tesla is selectively limiting 3G data to the map.

Anyone else in the Canadian group notice this?

The only thing I get close to this is sometimes (more often than I'd like) the 3G signal will drop right out in an area that I know has good coverage. The "3G" indicator goes out and all the "bars" disappear. Slacker stops and the maps eventually go away to a grey background. A few minutes later, the "bars" will start to come back and then the "3G" indicator comes back on and all is well again. It reminds me of how my cell phone re-establishes communications when I land at an airport.

After many reboots of both screens, the internet browser now seems to be working normally :confused:. For awhile, after a reboot, it would load 1 or 2 web pages then quit loading further pages.
Although the service centre is only 8.5km from my place, I hate to take it in for trivial stuff. It would probably spontaneously fix itself upon arrival at the SC making me look the fool :redface:

My bluetooth didn't work after the last update. Had to reboot the center screen.

I went to play something via Bluetooth on the weekend and it "saw" the phone but wouldn't play anything. I have found that I usually have to delete and re-pair my phone after each Tesla update, but was driving and figured I'd get to it later. The next day, it worked fine (no re-boot or re-pairing of the phone).