Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Inventory in my geography

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed a custom order. Estimated delivery in June for LR-AWD.
I need a car immediately so looking for local inventory.
In the greater NYC area, there has been no inventory for the last 2 days. (200 mile range)
What is weird that in CA, there are 3 inventory cars that match my order.
Unless something appears soon, looking bleak.

Are you saying that no Inventory on the east coast will become available?

Tesla is almost always sold out.

Cars being built in the first month of the quarter will typically get shipped overseas, so April cars go to Europe/Asia/Australia/etc..
It is possible by mid-May cars may start to ship to the East Coast, on the West Coast cars are not usually available until end of the quarter (June in this case).

Tesla is trying to maximize deliveries for each quarter.

Reactions: tstolze
I placed a custom order. Estimated delivery in June for LR-AWD.
I need a car immediately so looking for local inventory.
In the greater NYC area, there has been no inventory for the last 2 days. (200 mile range)
What is weird that in CA, there are 3 inventory cars that match my order.
Unless something appears soon, looking bleak.

Just because you see "inventory in CA" that doesnt mean those cars are actually available to be purchased. Sometimes they are, and sometimes they are not. If you are not involved with a tesla sales advisor directly, you should get involved with one, and let them know you are looking to take delivery as soon as possible and find out if they can find you a vehicle.

I beg to differ, I believe those cars are available for purchase, I went thru the purchase screen a little bit.
I am working with a SA, she knows my situation. I think the SA are there to get people to order cars.
She is off this weekend and wont be back until Monday but due to Easter probably no big deal.

I beg to differ, I believe those cars are available for purchase, I went thru the purchase screen a little bit.
I am working with a SA, she knows my situation. I think the SA are there to get people to order cars.
She is off this weekend and wont be back until Monday but due to Easter probably no big deal.

I didnt say they definitely were not available, I said "sometimes they are and sometimes they are not". I am telling you this from following this website closely for the two years I have been here, most of it as a regular user not a moderator.

There are MANY times that people try to get swapped to "in stock" cars to be told "that car isnt actually there, its in transit to that location" or "that one is already sold". Other times they are there.

The SAs are not there to get people to order cars, they are there to help people BUY cars, the more the better just like other car salespeople. The difference is, they typically are helping a lot of people at once, so they are not super motivated (usually) to do anything "difficult".

I'm in the same boat here. Completely and utterly ridiculous that there are basically 4 times a year that one can get a Tesla in the US. My hope is that with the impending tax credit (or so it would seem), more people than usual will end up not picking up their cars.