Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No, it's not a luxury car, at least not in Colorado.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about the list of example Uber Select cars? What is UberSELECT? Here's the details

Or look at the picture goodcarbadcar.net uses as an example for the "large luxury car" segment: Large Luxury Car Sales In America - March 2016 YTD - GOOD CAR BAD CAR

Oh it's qualified for UberSelect, but UberSelect isn't available in Aspen. That means if you request an Uber on the app in Aspen your choices are UberX, UberXL and UberBlack. That's a whole 'nother issue with Uber...

All I ask is that you don't clog up the Supercharger system. We have a taxi down here in Denver, CO that ALWAYS has his Tesla at the Supercharger at Park Meadows. I don't mind him using the supercharger network, but the one out by DIA is a lot less used, and the Park Meadows one is always full. :)

What Battery Pack and What trim level is it? and if the original sticker price was over 80k its considered a luxury car in my opinion!;)

Edit: Well any Tesla is considered Luxury I think!! Doesn't matter what options you have and dont have it still a luxury car and the fact that you cant go to a standard dealership to find a brand new one. And the fact that you have to go directly through Tesla its a LUXURY CAR FOR SURE!!!:D

As much as I know that I will LOVE the Model S, I don't think I would classify it as a Luxury car either.

No rear cup holders, ventilated seats, soft close doors, lighted vanity mirrors.

I mean, even a ton of "cheaper" cars have these options now.

I'm justifying the amount I'm spending on the technology and what the vehicle will be able to do in the future with OTA updates.

As much as I know that I will LOVE the Model S, I don't think I would classify it as a Luxury car either.

No rear cup holders, ventilated seats, soft close doors, lighted vanity mirrors.

I'm justifying the amount I'm spending on the technology and what the vehicle will be able to do in the future with OTA updates.

Interestingly, my Model X should have all of those - once it finally shows up. :)

I drove the X and it's amazing! I'm definitely envious of the additional upgrades that are offered in the X.... Surprised they didn't add them to the S, as well.

Perhaps to sway buyers?

Maybe. It swayed me...

I was busily convincing myself that a CPO S would be good enough while I waited for AP2 and/or the Model Y when the CPOs all vanished. While I was waiting for them to show back up (they still haven't) I finally got a chance to test drive an X - and I decided that it really was worth that much more money to me (I really, really wanted AP, so it wasn't going to be that cheap a CPO to begin with.)

Reactions: DoubleE
I drove the X and it's amazing! I'm definitely envious of the additional upgrades that are offered in the X.... Surprised they didn't add them to the S, as well.

Perhaps to sway buyers?
I highly doubt it was to sway buyers. I would bet money that the Model S has a higher profit margin than the X so it wouldn't benefit Tesla to convert a Model S buyer to a Model X buyer. The X is only $3,500 more when comparably equipped, and for that, it has falcon doors, and three power rear seats that easily eat up that cost (particularly when including warranty repairs). I imagine it has more to do with how much it costs to add these features and lower their profit on what is currently their highest-volume vehicle.

All I ask is that you don't clog up the Supercharger system. We have a taxi down here in Denver, CO that ALWAYS has his Tesla at the Supercharger at Park Meadows. I don't mind him using the supercharger network, but the one out by DIA is a lot less used, and the Park Meadows one is always full. :)

Come to the West Slope- so far they're always available in Silverthorne, Glenwood and Junction. Seriously, I'm upgrading my home solar system to support the amount of driving I do as a livery service so you have nothing to worry about. According to Plugshare there are over 20 charging stations in the Roaring Fork Valley and they just installed a DC charger in the Aspen Parking Garage- so come and visit- we are EV friendly (although the Wholefoods chargers get a lot of ICEing)

According to the regs a Hyundai is a luxury vehicle and a Tesla isn't. Seriously? The only specification in the Colorado rule is cup holders which are part of the car's original manufacture- and the S qualifies with 2 cup holders in the console. Interestingly my 1988 325ix has no cup holders because you're not supposed to eat or drink in your German rally car (still love that baby and it eats bad road for breakfast even in middle age- it is now the "dog car")

FYI the "luxury" tag is for a limo or an executive car- the makes and models allowed in Colorado are in my first post.