TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

No Keychains/lanyards at Dealer

Discussion in 'Model X' started by BMWtoo, Jul 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BMWtoo

BMWtoo Member

I picked up my X on July 3 and they had no key chains to attach the fob to, and haven't had them in since (and don't know if/when they will get more). Anyone find another source that has the mini-lanyard that fits in the key?

Thanks
    Jon

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

• Like x 1
  3. Doctt

Doctt Member

I was surprised when I picked up my X last month. No keychain...no sway bag...nothing.

I am not greedy or something. They should at least give out a keychain for a car closed to $100k.

I did buy the keychain from Abstract Ocean, but the original keychain handled by Tesla for X was much nicer

4. pakman00

pakman00 Member

When I inquired with my DS if a key chain was going to be provided, he said there should be one but they don't expect to have them in stock for 2 mos. Hopefully we'll get our rear seat floor mats which we';re also told will arrive in "two months"...

5. kort677

kort677 Banned

all service centers, galleries/stores are not equal, some are better than others.
    in your travels pop into a store or service center that you see and maybe they might have what you're after.

6. DHG.

DHG. Member

They will ship them to you overnight Fedex, my DS was Justin Carol, in Burbank CA. They ran out of them last month and they will ship it to you. You are suppose to get two. Until we got ours via Fedex, we used sewing thread wrapped a few times until we got ours. Call your DS or call Justin.

7. Maaz

Maaz Member

When my father picked up his CPO model x from centinella they were also out but they shipped it to us and we received them a week or two ago.

8. Freedom101

Freedom101 Member

Does anyone have a picture? As someone that hasn't seen one and expecting my MX soon I want to know what to look and ask for. Thanks.

9. DarkMatter

DarkMatter Member

They used S key fob holders on my X at delivery because they were out of the X ones. So perhaps there is a wide shortage.

10. dailo

dailo Member

Anyone know where I can purchase the lanyard? I didn't get the box with the key fob when my car was delivered and I don't really like the pouches. Would just like the simple key ring that fits the fob perfectly, but can't seem to find it anywhere.