Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Keys and Car in Underground Garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This post sounds a lot like.. "I stole a Model 3, put it in a Faraday cage, and removed the GPS... can y'all tell me how to get a new key card?"

Im not saying you *did* steal it, just that it sounds the same. Okay, I'm saying you stole it.
Ha! My first thought also!
A new member! Never needed the advice and assistance offered by the excellent forum before.
" You know what we do to horse thieves ?" Sorry! I'm watching to much Yellowstone and prequels.
And anyway, that would be a Ferrari.

Last edited:
Get in there, put the car in tow mode and get it up near cell coverage. Use the app to start car, drive to nearest service center, buy key cards. Have them program.

Can you put it in tow mode without a key card or phone key?

This is a good idea if it actually works. Someone should stay in the car to hit the breaks if needed. If you can push it to the entrance where there's a cell signal, then you should be able to start it from your phone.

Of course, this won't help if you stole it and just want a key card. I think you should just turn yourself in.

This is a good idea if it actually works. Someone should stay in the car to hit the breaks if needed. If you can push it to the entrance where there's a cell signal, then you should be able to start it from your phone.

Of course, this won't help if you stole it and just want a key card. I think you should just turn yourself in.

• Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4

Is the car setup for PIN to drive?