Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No lines or traffic being shown in visualization window.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When leaving for work this morning I noticed the backup camera was black when reversing. No problem, this has happened before I said. Then i noticed that no lines are being shown in visualization window, TACC will not engage and AP steering wheel is missing. It seems to me none of the cameras are working however im not getting an error icon. I have tried soft reboot, hard reboot and a power off, nothing is fixing it. Anyone have this issue?

This has been a long-running issue that pops up from time to time. I believe what happens is that the Autopilot computer crashes or fails to boot. Since it is responsible for processing the camera feeds, this means that everything that requires the cameras stops working (visualizations, Autopilot, automatic headlights, automatic wipers, and probably also some safety features such as lane departure assist and emergency braking). As the video points out, the only known way to fix it is to let the car go to sleep. Presumably the Autopilot computer is rebooted when it wakes up again.

I just got a notification on my phone saying sentry mode disabled due to sentry system error. And then i find this...
"sentry mode disabled due to sentry system error" ?
At lunch i will try to reset sentry mode to see if AP and lines come back.

Make sure Sentry Mode is disabled, which will then allow the car to go into a deep sleep when parked, which seems to fix these issues. You also need to make sure your phone(s) are well out of Bluetooth range for a few minutes, preferably 10 or more.

Also suggest you pop-out the USB stick first, and make sure its not full and not corrupted.

In my case car did not require to go to sleep, simply turning sentry mode off then on again fixed the problem.

Good. Now you are responsible for telling everyone else who has this problem what the fix is.

It’s a forum question every two or three days. Or seems like it, might be only once a week or two...

Rumors are that *maybe* firmware 2019.24.x will fix it permanently. But 2019.20, 2019.16, and 2019.12 did not resolve the issue, so you may be needed!

Good. Now you are responsible for telling everyone else who has this problem what the fix is.

It’s a forum question every two or three days. Or seems like it, might be only once a week or two...

Rumors are that *maybe* firmware 2019.24.x will fix it permanently. But 2019.20, 2019.16, and 2019.12 did not resolve the issue, so you may be needed!
Though I did post how the issue was fixed by posting a FIXED comment. Other than that im not sure how to edit the title to add the words SOLVED or FIXED.

This happened to me a few months ago, and no amount of putting the car to sleep, resetting, etc helped. What finally did the trick is asking Tesla to Flash the firmware for me over the air. The problem has not come back since.

Just an FYI in case someone runs into the problem and the various fixes stated above don't work for them.