Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Loaner - Instead they gave me a Limo w/Driver!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome story and unexpected service. But, this is what makes Tesla different. I"m guessing this location is piloting the limo program and depending on the response/feedback we may see this option everywhere. Or, it's a service manager who thinks outside the box. Who wants an Enterprise "luxury" loaner instead of a Tesla loaner anyway.

I have a "guy" who has his own private car service here in Minneapolis that I use for taking me to and from the airport. He has one car, it's the large Cadillac sedan, it's always clean clean clean. It has dark windows and all the creature comforts you would want in the back. He charges the same as a yellow cab, so he differentiates himself that way and is always busy. I tell you, if the option at the Tesla service center is a limo w/driver to take me anywhere for the day or a p85+ loaner I'd go limo every time.

I recently received the same service at the Chicago service center. I was driven to work in a Lincoln Towncar. Later that day when I wanted to pick up my car they did not have the limo so they offered me a car from Enterprise. I refused and took the bus. Sorry guys, I am not going to drive an ICE!
I know a guy with a Tesla limo service in Chicago, so I suggested to the service center to use a Tesla limo service. Would be much more appropriate, I think. For now I agreed with the SC to always schedule a service with them when a loaner is available. Most issues do not require immediate attention, so I am happy to schedule around their schedule.
By the way I have been at the service center about 5 times since I got the car. My MS was hand washed every time. Love the service.

I recently received the same service at the Chicago service center. I was driven to work in a Lincoln Towncar. Later that day when I wanted to pick up my car they did not have the limo so they offered me a car from Enterprise. I refused and took the bus. Sorry guys, I am not going to drive an ICE!
I know a guy with a Tesla limo service in Chicago, so I suggested to the service center to use a Tesla limo service. Would be much more appropriate, I think. For now I agreed with the SC to always schedule a service with them when a loaner is available. Most issues do not require immediate attention, so I am happy to schedule around their schedule.
By the way I have been at the service center about 5 times since I got the car. My MS was hand washed every time. Love the service.

Not the same in the Villa Park location - I got an ICE from Enterprise when I took it in...

I like Uber as a service when I needed; and in some senses this is above expectations and makes a nice story; but for others like me it's below expectations.
I don't want my direct transport needs to require fuel; and I'd rather take a Leaf than be driven around in a ~15 mpg ICE carriage. This to me is a bit like being offered a complimentary steak at a vegetarian restaurant - i appreciate the effort to feed me, thanks, but no thanks.

I've read about elsewhere in the forum Tesla is creating a buffer of loaner cars with the '90 day' rule , it makes a lot of sense. In the meantime, I'd still call ahead to make sure a loaner is available.

Of course if Uber had a new category - Uber T , for Tesla - I wouldn't complain either :)

I just had my annual service. I have the service plan plus ranger service. I requested a Tesla loaner car and was told that they couldn't guarantee it since it's first come first serve.
I said I would gladly arrange my schedule to fit theirs to make sure I could get a loaner car, but was told again that it would just depend if they had one available on the day of my service.
In the end they came to my house and trailered my car to the SC and gave me an Enterprise number to call to work out arrangements to get a rental. So for two days I drove an Enterprise piece of crap ICE car.
Also no car wash. They said it was too cold to do outside and they have no room indoors for car washes.

Ahh the underlying problem with Tesla. Inconsistent service. Some people get stuck in petrol vehicles when they are unable to fulfull their Model S loaner promise and others get limo service. Same goes with repairs, some people are unable to get problems resolved and others have the very same issue addressed at another service center no questions asked. The lack of consistent service will catch up to them at some point.

The west LA service center is great (poor location due to traffic and lack of parking and room but great overall). I was given a loaner as my car was making funky noises and when they diagnosed and fixed my problem, I was not in town. They drove about 200 miles roundtrip to deliver my car to me and pick up the loaner....during traffic time (405 south in the afternoon for you Los Angeles folks). The funny thing was that the Tesla delivery guy didn't know where the Tesla store I was at in that city. I had to direct the Tesla guy to the Tesla store. =)