Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No logo on new side repeater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my M3 in September 2020. Right side repeater camera not working. Tesla replaced after a long wait for the new camera. Fast forward 4 mths. Same issue with right side repeater. Booked my car in for another replacement and noticed that the new repeater doesn't have the Tesla logo, left side does, right side doesn't. Am i wrong to be annoyed about this? Being too picky?

Attachments

• tempImageH5ICpc.png
    tempImageH5ICpc.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 210
Some guys will answer "yes," some guys will answer "no."

IMO, it only matters if it bothers you.

This is true, 100%, but we already know it bothers the OP. Personally, I would want both to match, either with logo or without. It would drive me crazy to have one side be one way and one side be the other.

Mine are wrapped though, and have a colored tesla logo on them applied by the company that wrapped them.

Reactions: BeeGood
Lol me too. Had driver’s side replaced and it’s missing the logo. I had to wait a long time for it too. Supplier is probably back logged and rushing them out without the stamped logo.
They should have told me that the replacement wouldn't include the logo. Were they hoping i wouldn't notice? I will ask them to replace the left side so they at least match.

Reactions: strykeroz
This is true, 100%, but we already know it bothers the OP. Personally, I would want both to match, either with logo or without. It would drive me crazy to have one side be one way and one side be the other.

Mine are wrapped though, and have a colored tesla logo on them applied by the company that wrapped them.
It does bother me. They should have told me the replacement doesn't have the logo. If the
Lol me too. Had driver’s side replaced and it’s missing the logo. I had to wait a long time for it too. Supplier is probably back logged and rushing them out without the stamped logo.
I took my car back this morning. The service engineer told me that they will try and find a repeater with the T logo for me. If they can't get one they said they will changeout the opposite side so they are both the same. I'm a little happier now.
I think that what upset me more was that they didn't inform me that the design had changed. I think that they were hoping I wouldn't notice, which is not a good look for a premium brand car manufacturer.

• Funny
Reactions: Mr X
This is most likely a quality assurance issue where the parts came in the door missing the logo and someone signed off using them to keep production going. Tesla probably thinks there will be very little push back from customers so the risk is acceptable. Either the customer won't notice, they will cover them with one of the many wraps available, or won't care. Few will ask to have them replaced!

Reactions: Perscitus
If it was me, this would be borderline. Yeah it would bother me, but enough to make time to take to the SC an hour away? I dunno.

I’d probably sit around talking about doing it and never actually getting around to it. :D

I’m glad they’re going to swap out one or the other for you.

Reactions: DABobby
I got my M3 in September 2020. Right side repeater camera not working. Tesla replaced after a long wait for the new camera. Fast forward 4 mths. Same issue with right side repeater. Booked my car in for another replacement and noticed that the new repeater doesn't have the Tesla logo, left side does, right side doesn't. Am i wrong to be annoyed about this? Being too picky?

I had a Dodge Durango R/T that had a V8 logo on one side and a V6 logo on the other...straight from the factory. :)
I thought it was funny and left it.

I would make them fix it correctly. It may not bother you but what if a potential buyer noticed? They may suspect your car was fixed from an accident improperly. Is this likely? No. Possible, yes. And it’s just tacky for Tesla to use a part like that. And you know they know the part is missing the logo. The installer at the very least had to notice.

• Funny
Reactions: Mr X