Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No logo on new side repeater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean this: 7 Colors Side camera protection cover For Tesla Model 3 X S 2PCS | eBay

Because a set of vinyl stickers wont really solve for the lack of a stamped logo. And will be off no matter how close you get them to line up without one too.

Nah. I have stickers on mine. Doesn't matter if it's a little off. Mine look great. They are just stickers lol

100% get it fixed. Should not be acceptable to anyone TBH, its crazy some of you are okay with this.

Over a little T no one will see? haha

Reactions: BeeGood
100% get it fixed. Should not be acceptable to anyone TBH, its crazy some of you are okay with this.

Its a logo on a nondescript part of the car. I just bought a 2021 M3 and just realized after reading this thread that it’s not even on mine.

I mean, if I’m going to the SC anyways I’d have them address it, but is it really worth hours of my time to get perfect symmetry on the side cameras? Eh.

Personally doesn’t bother me enough to go through the trouble of bringing the car in and being without the car etc. If I can’t see it while I’m driving it’s not the end of the world.
You're right, it isn't the end of the world and I'm not looking forward to waiting for them to replace the repeater. But I paid a lot of money for this amazing car and I want it to be as perfect as it possibly can be. So matching side repeaters, with or without a logo, is what i'm going to insist on.

It’s never been on the Ys and not on new Model 3s.
Not the greatest picture but proves that it was on there in September 2020.

Attachments

• tempImageksFqiJ.png
    tempImageksFqiJ.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 177
I would make them fix it correctly. It may not bother you but what if a potential buyer noticed? They may suspect your car was fixed from an accident improperly. Is this likely? No. Possible, yes. And it’s just tacky for Tesla to use a part like that. And you know they know the part is missing the logo. The installer at the very least had to notice.
I said this to the service guy. he said in that instance i could show them the Tesla invoice for the repeater. I'm glad you think this is unacceptable, I was worried it might be just me.
A guy at worked noticed that the new design stands out further from the wing than the original one too.

Reactions: SunCharged
Its a logo on a nondescript part of the car. I just bought a 2021 M3 and just realized after reading this thread that it’s not even on mine.

I mean, if I’m going to the SC anyways I’d have them address it, but is it really worth hours of my time to get perfect symmetry on the side cameras? Eh.
Your 2021 M3 side repeater is black also. Would you go out of your way and make a special trip to SC if the service centre had replaced one of your defective side cameras with a chrome one? My Tesla dealer is a 10 minute drive from my house, so not too much hassle for me.
Like I say, I'm not too concerned if they have the logo or they don't, I just want them to match. Not too much to ask from a premium car brand.

Its not something you guys should accept, but its not something to go to the service if thats the only thing wrong.

Report the issue and next time you go in for your tire rotation get it fixed. If you don't report they may not cover if you just bring it up during your usual service appointments. This is what I mean by its not something you guys should accept. Plus the more reports of this they get, they will probably send a memo to the techs to make sure it matches, making this less of an issue as time goes on.

Don't accept crap on your cars. Tesla doesn't need the financial help from users just willingly accepting clear defects.

Your 2021 M3 side repeater is black also. Would you go out of your way and make a special trip to SC if the service centre had replaced one of your defective side cameras with a chrome one? My Tesla dealer is a 10 minute drive from my house, so not too much hassle for me.
Like I say, I'm not too concerned if they have the logo or they don't, I just want them to match. Not too much to ask from a premium car brand.

I’d say that having a completely different color is a bit worse than having the same color parts and only one having a logo.

In any event, I’m not saying it shouldn’t bother nor am I saying you shouldn’t get it fixed. The post you quoted was a reply to a guy who said it was crazy not to address it, which is kind of silly. Getting it fixed and ignoring it are equally valid decisions, which is what I said in post #14. If it bothers you, have them change it. If you literally couldn’t care less, why bother?

Reactions: DABobby