TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

[NO LONGER AVAILABLE] Parting Out a 2015 85D - What Do You Need?

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by Edmond, Mar 11, 2016.

1. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

If MrJones390 doesn't take it, I will.

2. Sr. Carrillo

Sr. Carrillo New Member

do you have the complete left rear suspension? any of the control arms?

3. LargeHamCollider

LargeHamCollider Battery cells != scalable

How much for a battery module?

Assuming you have the ability to part them out individually.

4. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

I'd be interested in the aluminum bezel that goes around the MCU. I managed to put a little ding dimple in mine… Cost?

5. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I'm interested in the left and right headlamps, provided they're not damaged.

6. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

Do you have the console side pieces? They are the ones that run from under the Center display back to the armrest. There is one on each side.

7. Edmond

Edmond Permanon

Yes. I need the left-front suspension but the rest are for sale. This includes all of the rear multilink and air shock: $345

Nah, the pack is in great shape, so selling it complete. I've seen modules on eBat. I may put the pack up there soon and it'll go quickly.

I'm selling the interior complete, and the bezel has to go with that.

Sorry, I need all front exterior parts for my rebuild. My P85D is smashed up in the front.

I do, but I have to sell the interior complete. It has what I believe is called the "yacht floor", a shallow container between the driver and passenger.

8. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

I'm half-tempted to ask for the chargeport door (assuming its the auto-close variety) and see if I can get that installed on my car. But alas, I worry about my warranty too much to likely go through with it.

9. Edmond

Edmond Permanon

Indeed...
    It is self-open, but you may not have the wiring in your harness to accommodate that.

10. Btr_ftw

Btr_ftw Court Jester

Just to be clear, 11k for the interior? We need to sit down and talk about pricing my friend

11. Edmond

Edmond Permanon

#31 Edmond, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    (Btr, backchannel)

HankLloydRight, shipped.

I've asked the Mods if I may edit the first post to keep up what's been sold, but I haven't heard back. So for now I will mark what's sold throughout this thread.

Sold:
    - Backup camera
    - Charging port

12. Edmond

Edmond Permanon

tenthousandclown shipped.

13. Ingineer

Ingineer Electrical Engineer

You absolutely cannot retrofit a motorized charge port into an older car. The wiring is actually the same, it's the sheetmetal that's totally different. The hole where the port mounts on the motorized unit is much larger, and there is a pocket below the port cutout, including a drain system that doesn't exist on the older cars. Short of changing the whole quarter panel (welding gluing painting) there's absolutely no way you'll ever make it work.

In addition, you'd need a firmware reflash, and Tesla likely isn't going to do it.

• Informative x 1
  14. Ingineer

What about the right front Condenser and fan? How much of the plastic parts on the front are left after your repairs?

15. Ingineer

You can put a D (awd) pack into a non-D car, but usually not the other way around. Any pack changes though require car configuration changes and firmware reflashing. (BTW, I can do this if anyone ever needs it)

• Love x 1
  16. Edmond

Edmond Permanon

That is one front-end assembly that survived the crash. The horns made it too, but pretty much everything else...

17. Edmond

Edmond Permanon

Sold:
    - Rear right multilink (knuckle, strut, control arms, links and bolts) + air shock
    - Rear right e-brake

tenthousandclown (Luke B.) declines to pay remainder of shipping as agreed. Unknown posters no longer get the same consideration.

18. 944hv

944hv New Member

I'd take the tail lights, charge port door, and driver door body seal.

19. Edmond

Edmond Permanon

The tail lights were shattered, and charge port door was too, sorry.

Driver door body seal : $38 + shipping. Please add 3% if Paypal. PM me if interested in this or other parts.

20. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Does it have 21" grey wheels you're interested in selling?