Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[NO LONGER AVAILABLE] Parting Out a 2015 85D - What Do You Need?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Hector, the visors are sold, sorry, as are the light bezels.

I do have the B-pillar covers for the passenger side, but driver's side are sold.

Tires have 7,500 miles on them, and I'd estimate they're about halfway. Wheels have a few of the standard chips but look very good. Of course factory 21's in metallic gray.

Please PM me for more info.

Have you ever bled your own brakes? Today my old brake fluid came out a dark cloudy yellow... like pee when we have a kidney infection. Now; my car was built in March, 2015, and it's been idle for 6 months -- I am not impressed with Tesla's recommendation of Dow 372LB brake fluid. My Jeep's had the same brake fluid for 145,000 miles and it still f*cking works. So I put Prestone in the Tesla.

Then I did this:
BHgZM9G.jpg

Looks like I put an awful lot of work into it, doesn't it. Practically glows in the dark.

It had the typical road grime, and I don't want to be taking off all the wheels to clean the brakes every month, so I put on Permanon. I'd wanted to add a hard protective finish to my car, and the Crowd Choice™ is OptiCoat Pro, but they refuse to sell it to the Unwashed Masses... only certified detailers can buy it, and they refuse to resell, so you're supposed to pay them $3k-$6k to do your car. But I realized that the aircraft industry must have the same paint protection problems, cubed. Sure enough I found several companies selling the same isocyanate coating as OptiCoat Pro, except anyone can buy it, and it is much cheaper!

But then also in the aircraft industry I found a far more advanced coating, Permanon. German scientists found a way to grind pure silicon into laminar nanoparticles, and then positively charge them. Typical surfaces like paint, steel, chrome, glass are negatively charged, so these particles naturally stick by electrostatic attraction. It is not a chemical coating like OptiCoat Pro that breaks down and you have to polish off and replace every couple years. One prominent member and friend here told me his OptiCoat Pro is a bit sticky and he's always been displeased with it.

So I cleaned the calipers with Green Stuff Aircraft, which sponge-wiped off the dirt -- must be caustic or something as it was easy, then rinsed with distilled water, and squeaky-clean. Spritzed on a 10% solution of Permanon. The calipers have an actual coating of glass now, not a supposed "glass-hard" chemical coating, and are completely hydrophobic. They should stay clean indefinitely as I'm not depending on a chemical coating which breaks down or yellows over time. True I'm a Permanon dealer, but it's only a low-priority sideline.

Permanon on the wheels to make the (black chrome) wrap last longer:
DLCC7ER.jpg

(Yes I wrapped them myself, with the tools you see and my alien brain)

Last edited:
Parting Out a 2015 85D - What Do You Need?

Just received a 2015 85D which was in a rear-ender. I'm selling everything in it that I don't need.

Let me know what you need -- I'm looking for 2/3 of retail.

This is a southern California car, so has never been frozen or on salt roads, and has never been in the drink. It has 3,500 miles on the clock. The battery pack has 215 miles of charge.

What I don't have:
- Rear body parts
- Front body parts
- Airbags
- Charger
- HVJB
- BCM

Everything else is for sale, including B-pillars and pano roof. I'd like to sell the interior complete (as per another ad here).

List Date: 3/11/2016

SOLD:
- Master charger
- High-Voltage Junction Box
- Body Control Module + fob
- Backup camera
- Charging port + cable (shipping still owed)
- Rear right multilink (knuckle, strut, control arms, links and bolts) + air shock
- Rear right e-brake
- Driver's door seal
- Right-rear shock
- Both outside mirrors
- Driver's door switches
- Driver's door wiring harness
- All ultrasonic sensors
- Driver's front suspension
- Both front fenders
- Bumper cover and all supporting members
- Hood
- Subframe and torsion bar
- Right-rear wheel knuckle
- Headliner
- Driver's B-pillar interior covers (top & bottom)
- Interior rear-view mirror
- Main battery pack

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Parting Out a 2015 85D - What Do You Need?
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $1.00

View attachment 166380
--------------------------------------
View attachment 166381
View attachment 166382
View attachment 166383
View attachment 166384

Passenger rear door and plastic and chrome lower side trim pieces.

2013 Tesla Model S
-Need emergency safety loop
-Drivers wheel and knee airbags
-Frunk plastic pieces, all of them
-Rad. Support/wiring harness on it that has 3 connections on right rail.
-Headlights
-Cooler/radiator in front center

Call/text me: 941-268-8960

I'm looking for the curved plastic panel trim piece that snaps into the back of the center console just below the air vents for the rear seats.
On the backside it should be stamped:
TESLA/INTEVA
PANEL CENTER CONSOLE REAR
1012308-00-E

Thanks

2013 Tesla Model S
-Need emergency safety loop
-Drivers wheel and knee airbags
-Frunk plastic pieces, all of them
-Rad. Support/wiring harness on it that has 3 connections on right rail.
-Headlights
-Cooler/radiator in front center

Call/text me: 941-268-8960