Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No longer on website?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it’s still there but they’re no longer linking to it? Or did I just not look closely enough?
In any case, it’s good to know at least the page still exists.
Recently the Tesla website changed so that the navigation links that were in a row along the top of the page are no longer there, in effect making the website more focused on the cars Tesla is selling right now and deemphasizing announced future models like the Roadster and the Semi truck. Which makes sense to me.

At some point when the Roadster is closer to going into production I assume the link to its page will return.

Recently the Tesla website changed so that the navigation links that were in a row along the top of the page are no longer there, in effect making the website more focused on the cars Tesla is selling right now and deemphasizing announced future models like the Roadster and the Semi truck. Which makes sense to me.

At some point when the Roadster is closer to going into production I assume the link to its page will return.

Hope you’re right. It’s at least good to know the Semi pages went missing also. I’m worried/surprised though. I feel Tesla is not doing much to keep the reservation holders “warm”. Many folks have a lot of money riding on “anticipation”. If Tesla doesn’t “fuel” that I fear people may bail out.

Speaking for myself, I periodically check the web-site to see if there’s Roadster news/pics. Seeing the website pages simply disappear “just like that” has certainly put some doubts in my mind. It’s probably not their intention but it feels like Tesla is “toying with us reservation holders”.

• Disagree
Reactions: X Fan
Speaking for myself, I periodically check the web-site to see if there’s Roadster news/pics. Seeing the website pages simply disappear “just like that” has certainly put some doubts in my mind. It’s probably not their intention but it feels like Tesla is “toying with us reservation holders”.
Accusing Tesla of malicious intent without foundation serves no purpose.

Tesla is intensely focused on selling the cars they are producing right now to maintain profitability so they can afford to develop new vehicles like the Model Y, Roadster, Semi, and others. The website reflects that focus.

Accusing Tesla of malicious intent without foundation serves no purpose.

Tesla is intensely focused on selling the cars they are producing right now to maintain profitability so they can afford to develop new vehicles like the Model Y, Roadster, Semi, and others. The website reflects that focus.

I’m not sure how stopping promotion of the Roadster would help profitability.
Note that the Semi is still prominently featured through a link in the main menu.
The Roadster has been demoted to a hard to find link at the bottom of the page though.

I’m not saying it’s malicious intent. But it certainly wasn’t done by mistake. If it were they would have fixed it already.
This is leaving me worried Tesla may not be “in” on the Roadster anymore. Really hope they will prove me wrong.