Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No longer receiving notifications since app update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've had my M3 SR+ since mid June, and I've had no issues with it. However since the app update I have not been receiving charging notifications as I used to.
First I would only get a notification when a charge started, but not when it finished, now I'm not receiving either.

For info I a have an iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 14.7.1, Tesla app is at version 4.0.1.

I have all notifications on in the Tesla app, and under settings in iOS I have all notifications turned on (see below pictures).

I have tried force closing the app, signing out of the app and back in, turning notifications off and then back on.

Going to try rebooting the car itself later but just wanted to pre-empt with this thread in case anyone else has had the same problem and figured it out?

Tried a search on here, google and Reddit but only reference I could find was from last year that was related to service visits and the car being set to some pseudo service mode. But my car has never had a service visit?

The lack of charging notifications is annoying, but what I'm more concerned with is if I leave a door open accidentally or the alarm goes off and I don't get a notification for that!

Any help would be appreciated guys!

Thanks.

20210903_092045000_iOS.png
20210903_092052000_iOS.png

I also have been experiencing issues with Tesla push notifications on iOS and I’m still trying to isolate the problem(s).

The first thing that I would recommend you try is setting “Current vehicle only”. Then try a few things to see that triggers a push notification.

If that does not help, try re-registering Push notifications. Do the following in the Tesla app “Settings” then “Notifications”:
  1. Turn off each notification then deselect the car so the display reads “Vehicles 0”.
  2. Force quit the app.
  3. Start the app.
  4. Enable ”Current vehicle only” then select all the notification types. You can later disable any you don’t want after you see them working.
I also think there’s an issue with multiple devices and/or multiple users but I’m still investigating that. And maybe Android issues but still going to test that.

So I've tried a few other things, including turning my phone on and off and doing a quick reboot of the car...but still no notifications.

I might try a full reboot when i can spare the time and see if that fixes the issue, otherwise i'm going to have to raise a service request which is annoying for a software issue.

So I've tried a few other things, including turning my phone on and off and doing a quick reboot of the car...but still no notifications.

I might try a full reboot when i can spare the time and see if that fixes the issue, otherwise i'm going to have to raise a service request which is annoying for a software issue.
Did you try setting “Current vehicle only”?

Tried a full reboot yesterday, still nothing...going to have to put in for a service request aren't i?
Looks like a problem Tesla side as a few reporting issues...

Looks like a problem Tesla side as a few reporting issues...

Yeah my mate has the same issue now with his 2019 M3. Not sure if raising a service request will do anything or if i'll just have to wait until this is rectified. If this was a country wide issue i would have thought Tesla would have notified people of potential issues?

Same issue after update. I have even reset the car software. Reboot and even my iPhone 12 to factory settings and set it up as new. Strange thing is that my wife have a iPhone 12 mini and I have setup her phone yesterday and she didn’t had any issues.

I also have been experiencing issues with Tesla push notifications on iOS and I’m still trying to isolate the problem(s).

The first thing that I would recommend you try is setting “Current vehicle only”. Then try a few things to see that triggers a push notification.

If that does not help, try re-registering Push notifications. Do the following in the Tesla app “Settings” then “Notifications”:
  1. Turn off each notification then deselect the car so the display reads “Vehicles 0”.
  2. Force quit the app.
  3. Start the app.
  4. Enable ”Current vehicle only” then select all the notification types. You can later disable any you don’t want after you see them working.
I also think there’s an issue with multiple devices and/or multiple users but I’m still investigating that. And maybe Android issues but still going to test that.
Did these steps resolve your issue?

Hey guys. I have also been dealing with this problem. To make it even more complex, I am the primary driver of our model three.

However, I don’t get any push notifications on my iPhone, however my wife gets all of them. We literally have the same settings in our Tesla app as well as in our iPhone settings. We recently had mobile service performed and she would have to let me know whenever there was a message that came in or whenever there is an update for the car.

Reactions: theslimshadyist