TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No longer receiving @ notifications

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by MorrisonHiker, Jul 25, 2019.

1. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2019.28.3.1

I used to receive notifications when someone would use @MorrisonHiker in one of their posts. I've been reading several threads this week and seen I've been tagged but I never received any notifications.

Was this functionality removed intentionally or is it just broken?

2. mblakele

mblakele pre-jackpot member

3. MorrisonHiker

Thanks for testing. No notification received,@mblakele :(

All of the Notification settings are still enabled, including:

I do still get notifications for Likes, replies, etc.

4. mblakele

Seems to be the same for me: I received the "quoted your post" alert, but no mention alert.

5. MorrisonHiker

Just in case, here's another test without a quote. I'm pretty sure you won't get it either @mblakele . Something definitely appears to be broken.

6. mblakele

Hey, that time I received a "mention" alert. So maybe it's just flaky? Or our hardworking TMC admins just fixed it?

7. MorrisonHiker

Weird. Maybe it is set to only send one notification per post? Odd that it just worked for you but I now know of 3 or 4 today that I never got notified for.

I think I mentioned the wrong Notification setting earlier, but you can see I have them enabled:

upload_2019-7-25_10-59-38.png

8. MorrisonHiker

I don't know if someone fixed something, but I just got my first "mentioned you in a post" notification this week.

9. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

No changes on our end. I think the system has some logic to try to prevent you from getting multiple notifications on the same thread. I have no idea what that logic is.