Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No longer see option to purchase extended warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased mine a few months after buying the car and honestly thought I’d cancel it. I still have until December next year to decide... typically I’d anticipate these are priced out so that on average the company wins, so now this makes me think they were losing out on average and so I better keep the ESA!

So you have to buy it at a Service Center? Why can't you just call one up and have them charge it over the phone? I've been trying to buy the ESA for a few weeks now, but I've never had the button in my portal. I'll call up my Service Center and see what they say. Hopefully I can buy it over the phone.

So you have to buy it at a Service Center? Why can't you just call one up and have them charge it over the phone? I've been trying to buy the ESA for a few weeks now, but I've never had the button in my portal. I'll call up my Service Center and see what they say. Hopefully I can buy it over the phone.

Because you can not call the SC anymore. Everything is done through apps and texts. Good luck getting someone on the phone.

Does anyone know the price for the ESA before this new policy went into effect? Wouldn't an existing owner who was told that they had four years to decide on an ESA be a little pissed that the window for that decision has been changed retroactively to 180 days?

Anyone? Anyone?

So Elon was losing money on these ESA's and instead of trying to bring the quality up he decided to stop the ESA's?

"I have read so much about the harmful effects of smoking... that I decided to quit reading!"

Every quarterly conference call Elon finds a way to lament he ever built the X.

When you place ESAs on them, it becomes a “gift” that keeps on giving.

I would think the only reason the ESA isn’t available for the 3 is that NO WARRANTEES will expire for years.

Why offer something no one will buy since the cars are only what two years old?
Yeah, I do see that has changed. Whole layout is different. I recall I had the option a month or so ago for both the ESA and the service agreement (which is probably now gone because there is no service to speak of). Really sucks for people that are hours from a service center. Has anyone who has signed up had them look at the car or something to justify the ‘come to the service center’ nonsense?

I was planning to purchase ESA at a later date and this is a little concerning. Hopefully they still honor the eligible purchase period. It was my understanding I could wait until the very end of the new vehicle warranty. I'm hoping they just haven't yet migrated the ESA purchase function in the website redesign and it will show up later.

Every quarterly conference call Elon finds a way to lament he ever built the X.

When you place ESAs on them, it becomes a “gift” that keeps on giving.

Is this all to do with FWD?

Will he be saying the same thing about Model Y 2 years from now?

After having a "Tesla" (Model 3) now I'm realizing I really want an X. But stories like this really confuse me and don't know what to do.

I was planning to purchase ESA at a later date and this is a little concerning. Hopefully they still honor the eligible purchase period. It was my understanding I could wait until the very end of the new vehicle warranty. I'm hoping they just haven't yet migrated the ESA purchase function in the website redesign and it will show up later.

I think I will just drive down to the service center, and get it taken care of ASAP since I do plan to keep the X for longer than the 4 year warranty period.

It’s one of those you pray “Tesla doesn’t alter the deal any further” type things to quote Star Wars.

Is this all to do with FWD?

Will he be saying the same thing about Model Y 2 years from now?

After having a "Tesla" (Model 3) now I'm realizing I really want an X. But stories like this really confuse me and don't know what to do.

FWD has a lot to do with it. There’s also the sci fi Star Trek chairs for the 6 seaters. Auto presenting doors, massive amounts of interior customizability that made endless permutations to support.

Some had ventilated seats, active spoilers and I’m sure there’s some stuff I missed.

Elon being Elon would probably talk *sugar* about the X being an exercise in hubris one second and then make the Y just as complex the next.

He got dragged down to reality thankfully.

That’s why I would have bet almost anything the Y was not getting FWD and it’s going to be a fatter, taller 3 reusing as much as possible.

Reactions: boaterva
I think I will just drive down to the service center, and get it taken care of ASAP since I do plan to keep the X for longer than the 4 year warranty period.

It’s one of those you pray “Tesla doesn’t alter the deal any further” type things to quote Star Wars.

FWD has a lot to do with it. There’s also the sci fi Star Trek chairs for the 6 seaters. Auto presenting doors, massive amounts of interior customizability that made endless permutations to support.

Some had ventilated seats, active spoilers and I’m sure there’s some stuff I missed.

Elon being Elon would probably talk *sugar* about the X being an exercise in hubris one second and then make the Y just as complex the next.

He got dragged down to reality thankfully.

That’s why I would have bet almost anything the Y was not getting FWD and it’s going to be a fatter, taller 3 reusing as much as possible.
I still can’t figure why the physical visit to a service center unless they need to go over the car. If that was the case I’d think they would require an appointment. At Tyson’s they are running 2 to 3 weeks out. Whole thing is weird.

Hope someone will report back on the experience!

Maybe in Reno brother. I am sure they have plenty of resources servicing 6 cars you guys have in Reno :))))). But not in So Cal.
yes, right, and that is why I said it depends on where you live as to whether or not you get them on the phone. Several places around the USA, but big cities often a problem. :)
Maybe I misunderstood your post. I thought you were making a blanket statement that people can't get an SC on the phone anywhere. ;)

Last edited: