TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No longer trade in Vehicle

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ragrvs, Jul 4, 2018.

1. ragrvs

ragrvs Member

Does anyone know the process if I no longer want to trade in my vehicle? I have an offer on the car that I'm going to take. Can I simply show up on pickup day without the trade in and pay the difference? My ISA has started to ignore me....

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

3. DR61

DR61 Member

I'm doing something similar. Will try to sell the car, but if no good offers appear I will trade in at delivery time. Tesla would rather have cash than my trade-in so no problem if it sells.

4. the_danimal

the_danimal Member

Curious too. I said I’d trade the car in but that’s also dependent on what they offer me.

5. albtrssp

albtrssp Member

Yes, that's what I did. I just showed up without the car. The ISA had already marked my trade-in as "delivered", which he wasn't supposed to do, and that made the process take an extra 15 minutes, but that just gave us more time to inspect the car.

• Informative x 2
  6. Mattbroffman

Mattbroffman New Member

You're lucky...my trade in just died (transmission issue three days before delivery). Called ISA he removed the trade in so the contract will be reflected properly. Anyone want to buy a Ford fiesta (probably with a new transmission soon :) ).

7. Mayo

Mayo Member

CASH is CASH, dont expect to show up without a trade and expect the Finacial company to re-negociate your New Car Loan on the spot wont happen. Just show up with cash on hand to cover the trade difference. They will just have to reprint the documents and youll be delayed up to an hour.

8. Silent Ludicrosy

When I showed up for my delivery, the paperwork had a trade-in that I no longer wanted to trade due to a miscommunication with my sales rep. The delivery rep said it would take a few hours for the corporate office to generate new paperwork, so I left for lunch, and the new paperwork was ready in an hour. I had to confirm the new down payment and monthly payment amounts with them on the phone. It's not a big deal to change your mind, but give them a couple days advance notice, otherwise you'll waste a couple hours of your time and theirs.