Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No longer want my MYP reservation - had email suggesting delivery imminent.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We moved back to the UK from overseas in July, which is when my MYP (ordered in January) was supposed to be ready, it wasn't, and I bought a different car.

Is my reservation any good to anyone else? Its black with cream interior and AEP. Don't suppose I can get my deposit back? Cost is 70,590 so a bit cheaper than current price.

The email said

"Sign in to your Tesla Account and submit the required information. Your estimated delivery day will be available in your Tesla Account soon."

Any suggestions, other than just cancelling.

Don't suppose I can get my deposit back?
If you ordered from the UK then the Consumer Contracts Regulations entitle you to a full refund.

What are my rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations?​

• Your right to cancel an order for goods made at a distance starts from the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods
  • Your right to cancel a service made at a distance starts the moment you enter into the contract and lasts 14 days
  • If you want to download digital content within the 14 day cancellation period you must agree to waive your cancellation rights
  • Companies are not allowed to charge you for items they put in your online shopping basket or that you have bought as a result of a pre-ticked box

Reactions: goRt
If you ordered from the UK then the Consumer Contracts Regulations entitle you to a full refund.

What are my rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations?​

• Your right to cancel an order for goods made at a distance starts from the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods
  • Your right to cancel a service made at a distance starts the moment you enter into the contract and lasts 14 days
  • If you want to download digital content within the 14 day cancellation period you must agree to waive your cancellation rights
  • Companies are not allowed to charge you for items they put in your online shopping basket or that you have bought as a result of a pre-ticked box
So long as it was a personal purchase not a company order. Don't think it applies then

Reactions: MrT3 and Durzel