TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No LTE connection in car

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Jeevesbond, May 1, 2018.

1. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums

Moderator note: Two threads on this topic merged.

At this point there seems to be sufficient evidence that this is a widespread outage in the USA, so additional "me too" type posts are probably not useful unless you have something additional to contribute (or ask).

Thanks,

Bruce.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

anecdotal evidence:

Suburban Boston. I am in the city at work. Car is at home in the driveway. I can connect just fine. Car is a 2014 w/3G.

3. luckyj

luckyj Member

I pull hourly stats from my car with some scripts I wrote.12AM Eastern succeeded, 1AM failed and has failed every hour since, "HTTP Error 408: Request Timeout".

• Informative x 1
  4. Happychaos

Happychaos Member

My car (LTE) is out while my wife's (3G) works fine - so it seems to be restricted to LTE-only. Called SC and they noted it was a nationwide issue and will be resolved asap but no timelines given. Glad it isn't just me, but also disappointed that either Tesla or ATT or both dropped the ball on this. I feel for the Service Center call reps - their lines must be flooded.

5. Atlantan

Atlantan Inactive Member

Thanks for this thread OP...same here.

6. Joe F

Joe F Disruption is hard.

Since I just found this thread, a problem I'm seeing might be a byproduct of the outage, as indicated in that thread by @luckyj.

7. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

This is not as logical as you might think, as most of these timings are based on UTC/GMT. You would have thought it would have failed yesterday at 8 PM EDT if it's a May 1 midnight thing... Hm....

8. CUBldr97

CUBldr97 Member

Nope its affecting 3G cars as well... not just LTE

9. madtorque

madtorque Member

Works fine in Canada.

10. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

LTE connection fine here in Texas. No issues at 8am - now. Not sure about overnight.

11. AdamHLG

AdamHLG Member

Everyone started complaining that they did not get the maps update yet and Tesla said fine and tried to make everyone happy and push the maps over LTE. See what you did now folks? You broke it.

This was a joke by the way.

Edit: I was able to successfully connect to my car just now over LTE - Baltimore, Maryland

• Funny x 2
  12. drew.c

drew.c Member

Now working in Delaware.

13. GatorGuy

GatorGuy Member

Back up in Florida

14. zambono

zambono Active Member

A lot of outages lately, if its not the app its the car

15. CinRedMan

CinRedMan Member

back up here in Ohio (around 12:30 PM). Coverage at Teslarati Looks like this happened back in Aug of 2017 too. ATT outages reported on down detector.com I also experienced problem with the Tesla.app back on April 22nd.

16. Tmoody

Tmoody Member

i'm not sure if it was limited to Tesla.....i was having very poor cell coverage yesterday on my phone as well with AT&T. Might have been something in the overall LTE network.

17. AdamHLG

AdamHLG Member

In point of fact, my wife is on ATT and I am on Verizon and over last 24 hours or so my texts were not being delivered to her phone for first time ever. Wonder if that is related. My texts to other Verizon phones worked fine.

18. delanman

delanman DESpaceX

Still out here in Middletoen DE or should I just say in my car. Location doesn't have much to do with it. My LTE has been out for nearly three weeks. I had an appointment with service for today but canceled it when I learned this is a system wide problem. The service center didn't mention that when I made the appointment but volunteered the info when I called to cancel. Seems more like a group of accounts were deleted from the AT&T database and the problem is being corrected one by one. Symptoms are not like that of a single point of failure.

19. Atlantan

Atlantan Inactive Member

LTE worked for me on my commute home.

Cheers

20. Happychaos

Happychaos Member

Hmmm my wife lucked out then. Confirmed lte working now. Whew