Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

no LTE for 2.5 days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I need some advice or see if anybody else is in the same boat. I remember Tesla said they were going through some network maintenance, but now I've been 2.5 days without LTE service in my car. I'm starting to believe this is not normal. I want to see if anybody else is getting the same thing.

I'm located in Los Angeles, CA.

I similarly lost LTE connection permanently last week out of thr blue. I called and they said logs showed my LTE modem went bad and needed replacing. They had to disassemble my dash and replace the LTE modem and Sim card. I'm less convinced it was bad hardware and more thinking this is a software issue that several people are having. But, mine works now.

I similarly lost LTE connection permanently last week out of thr blue. I called and they said logs showed my LTE modem went bad and needed replacing. They had to disassemble my dash and replace the LTE modem and Sim card. I'm less convinced it was bad hardware and more thinking this is a software issue that several people are having. But, mine works now.

Interesting...yeah I was going to say the modem shouldn't really go bad and might be a software issue. I will call them and pull the logs and see whats going on. Thanks.

I often lose signal in the countryside (which is not the car's fault) but it sometimes does struggle to reconnect when going back to civilisation. Rebooting the main screen seems to work though in my case. So probably a different issue and pretty sure mine is a software problem as many others have reported the same behaviour.

My LTE has gone offline momentarily for the last 2 weeks. I also see errors on Slacker. At first I thought the errors were related to proximity to strong WiFi signals because I occasionally saw the connect to WiFi menu. But the LTE dropouts and Slacker errors are now also occurring when driving on the freeways, so that rules out WiFi - LTE handoffs. I have MCU2 (Intel) and on 2018.20

I experienced the same LTE disconnect issue in the Bay Area two weeks ago. Brought it to the Service Center and they had the vehicle for one week. They shared with me that this is a known issue and should get resolved via future software updates. The only solution they gave me was to restart/reboot the vehicle.

My LTE has been out now for a couple of days also. I'm on 2018.18.2. Seems to impact the navigation map display too. Several map tiles just take forever to display or don't display at all. Going on a road trip this weekend, so I'm hoping it's a software issue (sadly it doesn't appear to be fixed with 2018.20 per earlier posts) as I'm sure I won't get in at the local SC this week.

Several map tiles just take forever to display or don't display at all. k.

I've experienced this issue a couple of times with 2018.18 recently. Sod's law when I actually needed it too! Spotify is still very buggy too when re-connecting after losing signal, but that's nothing new! I have to reboot the main screen at the start of nearly every trip then thankfully it seems to work fine for the rest of the journey or at least until it next loses signal. I'm sure they could fix this irritating little bug and it's actually more annoying that they don't!

Tomorrow I have an appointment with a service center. I am going to see what they are going to say. It has been offline since May 29th. I'm starting to believe it might be more than just a software issue. Rebooting doesn't help. Might be a hardware issue.

Just had the Tesla mobile service van stop by to checkout my LTE problem. Sadly, they were unable to fix it. They said everything (they could fix) checks out, and both antennas are good, so either the MCU or the LTE module is bad and will need to be replaced at the service center. :(

Just got mine back from service, my LTE module went bad. They had to go behind the MCU and replace the board. Mine was out for a solid 2 weeks.

God damn! Is this a thing now? How can the LTE module break? Maybe the heat from the car?

Just had the Tesla mobile service van stop by to checkout my LTE problem. Sadly, they were unable to fix it. They said everything (they could fix) checks out, and both antennas are good, so either the MCU or the LTE module is bad and will need to be replaced at the service center. :(

Man I hope they replace yours soon. What is the point of the mobile service if they can't do anything.

So just to give you guys a status update...brought it to the Service Center. They said the first thing they wanted to do was to do a hard reset. They open the hood, took the panels out, and I think they pulled one of the fuse. That did not work. The tech said they "plugged in a laptop" to see but couldn't fix it either. The car needs to stay overnight or couple days.