Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No LTE with line through it after waking car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got my 3 (HW3) about two months ago. Everything was good for the first two weeks and then I noticed that I couldn’t wake the car from my app. It would give a “vehicle connection error”. Then when I would get into the car, I would have no LTE connection and the LTE service bars would have a line through them for the first 5 minutes after waking. After this, LTE worked normally until the car went to sleep. I made a service request, they ended up replacing the whole computer. Everything was working great again for about 10 days and now I am having the same issue again. Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this? I don’t have WI-FI where I park so I rely completely on LTE.

No, I am on 2.5.
I was told by a technician that could be related to the fact of having several phones connected to the same account.
I am not sure about that, but you can try...

Are you using Sentry? There have been cases with Sentry being tied to this. Mine included. But then again who knows. I’ve had the exact same issues. Talked to Tesla. They didn’t know. THEY couldn’t even wake the car remotely from they’re end and just shrugged.

Ski

Are you using Sentry? There have been cases with Sentry being tied to this. Mine included. But then again who knows. I’ve had the exact same issues. Talked to Tesla. They didn’t know. THEY couldn’t even wake the car remotely from they’re end and just shrugged.

Ski
I have sentry on but exclude home where this normally occurs. Wonder if that could still be an issue though.

There are a number of things that can go wrong with LTE, including servers at the Tesla end (I've found that's the main issue when there is no connectivity in my S, and all you can do is wait until they are back online). However, the first thing to try is to reboot the display. That often fixes odd behaviour. Another thing I found about LTE is that if the signal is lost (usually this occurs on trips when you drive out of range) it takes a long time after getting back to a service area for the LTE to show up. When this happens, once your cellphone regains solid connectivity, then reboot the display (it's okay to do this while driving) and the LTE will show up immediately after the reboot. Don't know if this will help in your case but it's worth a try.

There are a number of things that can go wrong with LTE, including servers at the Tesla end (I've found that's the main issue when there is no connectivity in my S, and all you can do is wait until they are back online). However, the first thing to try is to reboot the display. That often fixes odd behaviour. Another thing I found about LTE is that if the signal is lost (usually this occurs on trips when you drive out of range) it takes a long time after getting back to a service area for the LTE to show up. When this happens, once your cellphone regains solid connectivity, then reboot the display (it's okay to do this while driving) and the LTE will show up immediately after the reboot. Don't know if this will help in your case but it's worth a try.
Where I drive anyway, you can have full connectivity with the cell on the road and still losing it with the car. I agree, rebooting the screen will do it, also once parked, rebooting the car will do as well.