Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No mention of mileage in CPO order agreement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed that the order agreement document that Tesla sent me after I placed an CPO order doesn't contain any information about the car mileage. It does contain the car model, color, configuration, and price, etc.. but just not the mileage.

Relating this with all the horror Tesla CPO stories on this forum, I am feeling a bit worried about the car I just ordered. And does that means Tesla actually deliberately did't prevent the Service Centers to use CPO car as loaner.

The car I ordered has only 1750 miles on it according to the official listing. I am very curious to see what is the actual mileage.

The MVPA or proforma version of it should list the odometer. Just relax, let the sales advisor generate the documents. The automated version might have glitched out.

Congrats by the way!!! Did you request photos of the vehicle beforehand?

I just noticed that the order agreement document that Tesla sent me after I placed an CPO order doesn't contain any information about the car mileage. It does contain the car model, color, configuration, and price, etc.. but just not the mileage.

Relating this with all the horror Tesla CPO stories on this forum, I am feeling a bit worried about the car I just ordered. And does that means Tesla actually deliberately did't prevent the Service Centers to use CPO car as loaner.

The car I ordered has only 1750 miles on it according to the official listing. I am very curious to see what is the actual mileage.

You have every right to be concerned. I was once provided a loaner and was told it was sold already and asked "Please don't put more than 200 miles on it" and to stay close as they may need to ask for it back at any time. They had my car for several weeks, I had the loaner for several weeks and I average almost a thousand miles a week.

They'll tell you that it doesn't have the miles because additional miles may be placed during transport. They'll put the final miles on the MVPA. That being said; I know the manager at the Seattle store. They'll take care of you. IF (big IF) it doesn't go right; I'm sure they'll find a way to make it right (additional features turned on, further cost reduction, find another vehicle, etc.)

The MVPA or proforma version of it should list the odometer. Just relax, let the sales advisor generate the documents. The automated version might have glitched out.

Congrats by the way!!! Did you request photos of the vehicle beforehand?

Yeah, I requested photos and it was really too blurry to see anything in detail... The only thing that I can get out of these photos is that the car has no big dent..

You have every right to be concerned. I was once provided a loaner and was told it was sold already and asked "Please don't put more than 200 miles on it" and to stay close as they may need to ask for it back at any time. They had my car for several weeks, I had the loaner for several weeks and I average almost a thousand miles a week.

They'll tell you that it doesn't have the miles because additional miles may be placed during transport. They'll put the final miles on the MVPA. That being said; I know the manager at the Seattle store. They'll take care of you. IF (big IF) it doesn't go right; I'm sure they'll find a way to make it right (additional features turned on, further cost reduction, find another vehicle, etc.)

It says 1750 miles on the website and I think I can take anything less than 3000. The car is a p100d with every options. I don't know what they can do if it went wrong...

They all say 50
It says 1750 miles on the website and I think I can take anything less than 3000. The car is a p100d with every options. I don't know what they can do if it went wrong...

I think it’ll be fine. I bought an inventory car and it had an extra 100 miles. It’s possible for it to happen, but it’s more likely it goes right than wrong.

But if it does, I’ve heard of extra swag. Warranties. Service credits. There’s a lot that can still be done if needed, but it most likely won’t come to that.

Yeah, I requested photos and it was really too blurry to see anything in detail... The only thing that I can get out of these photos is that the car has no big dent..
Don’t trust the photos - my car had a significant amount of scratches and scrapes that were either not pictured or too distant to see in the pictures.
The agent at the dealership’s response was basically ‘meh, you can walk away if you want’
The car was not even vacuumed.
I have to take it in for a service for both door seals whistling air through them.

It’s just a used car, not CPO. I chose to take it because
I had taken 2 days off work to pick it up out of state
PTA to change financing
Still a good deal - esp with free supercharging and full warranty.

Regard photos, make sure there are no paint rashes along the bottom of the doors and FWD. I didn't noticed them and when I tried to dispute the issues later, they said it wasn't noted as an issue so not there problem. I didn't want to pay $6000 to have it repainted so I used touch-up paint and PPF to minimize the issue. I bought it "new" (but it was a display model) so I was expecting minor issues but when your paint is really beat up, you really can't see that in photos. Sorry to side track the mileage but make sure you know what your getting. My sales also guy said it was fully loaded but when I picked it up, there was several things missing including the tow hitch which I noted and they put it in after 4 months waiting for it to be in stock :(
Anyway good luck and with all these heart burns we still love our car!

PLEASE read all the post on CPO. They are all horrible. I tried, it was horrible experience . Rep was a jerk, no good info. Could not see or drive it. The name has changed to Used Car program. And, there is no way in hell i would pay this money without driving it.
I bought off car gurus post from Benz dealer in Atlanta . Flew up, drove it, bought it. Great deal, i paid cash, got nice discount.
Please be warned, you have no idea what u r getting unless you go sneak around the location and find car.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
PLEASE read all the post on CPO. They are all horrible. I tried, it was horrible experience . Rep was a jerk, no good info. Could not see or drive it. The name has changed to Used Car program. And, there is no way in hell i would pay this money without driving it.
I bought off car gurus post from Benz dealer in Atlanta . Flew up, drove it, bought it. Great deal, i paid cash, got nice discount.
Please be warned, you have no idea what u r getting unless you go sneak around the location and find car.

I didn't even have the option to sneak around as they keep the Used cars in a Service Lot off site from the dealership and only bring it over on day of sale ... or atleast, that was what I was told by the Dealerships in NYC, MA and MD