Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Mention of the Boring Company Flame Thrower Yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another favorite of mine from that book. I used to say it in meetings from time to time, "I don't care how many women you throw at this, it's still going to take 9 months to birth that baby." :)

Then some wise acre says:
What if the women are a surgeon, anesthesiologist, 3 RNs, NICU lead, and a mother with eclampsia? ;)

Edit: typo. BTW, not making light of eclampsia, wife is labor and delivery nurse, needed reason for accelerated delivery.

Last edited:
Then some wise acre says:
What the the women are a surgeon, anesthesiologist, 3 RNs, NICU lead, and a mother with eclampsia? ;)
Still going to take 9 months to be fully done.

Or I'd liken it to Thanksgiving dinner: "I can serve the turkey earlier than planned, but it might be a little raw. Or you can wait til it's done. Your call."

Reactions: ModelX
Still going to take 9 months to be fully done.

Or I'd liken it to Thanksgiving dinner: "I can serve the turkey earlier than planned, but it might be a little raw. Or you can wait til it's done. Your call."

Worse, the final version takes longer due to rushing it out before it's ready.

What I tell myself:
"If you don't have time to do it right, when are you going to have time to do it over?"

"broken gets fixed, jankity lasts forever"

I know what I plan to ask on the upcoming Q4 earnings call:

"Elon, as demonstrated in the past, SpaceX and Tesla have worked together to improve the quality of both companies respective products. Do you see similar synergies between Boring Company and Tesla? For example, will a flame thrower or Tesla Coil be included as part of future premium upgrades packages on the Model S and X lines?"

This is the most irresponsible and stupid business decision I've ever seen!

I'm really disappointed in Tesla. Not only does it change my entire perspective of what Tesla stands for, Elon should be focusing his efforts on actually producing Model 3's on time instead of selling ridiculous weapons to consumers. I really thought this had to be a bad joke.

I've already called to cancel my deposit on my Model 3.

Craziness!!!!!!

This has nothing to do with Tesla. This is his other company. He’s allowed to have fun outside of work and is apparently a huge fan of Spaceballs.

If you are canceling over this, so be it. I think it’s craziness that people get all wound up over some goofing around. TSLA has already made several people rich, great cars and other manufacturers are still playing catch up. SpaceX is doing things no other company is even close to doing. And if this is a way to fund the Boring company, so be it. I’d never buy one. I’ll take that money and invest more in TSLA.

As others have stated, flamethrowers are legal in many locations and can already be purchased. This is just a scaled down one.

Relax. Breathe.

Reactions: Xenius
This is the most irresponsible and stupid business decision I've ever seen!

I'm really disappointed in Tesla. Not only does it change my entire perspective of what Tesla stands for, Elon should be focusing his efforts on actually producing Model 3's on time instead of selling ridiculous weapons to consumers. I really thought this had to be a bad joke.

I've already called to cancel my deposit on my Model 3.

Craziness!!!!!!
You're mentally unstable.

Reactions: Jlwine and Xenius
The Boring company isn't tesla. Are you all also disappointed that SpaceX is causing the M3 delay? oh right I haven't seen any of those complaints.

It's also funny how people think this is a weapon, you know you can buy "flame throwers" at homedepot right? google propane/ butane torch it's the exact same thing. For those wondering home use is usually burning weeds and snow removal. You'll also use them for paint removal, cleaning/prepping surfaces before welding and preheating work surfaces

All they've done is take a typical torch, increased the nozzle size and placed the torch into an airsoft chassis. With the size of that tank, you're most likely getting less than 60s of run time. Good luck using it as a "weapon" :rolleyes:

I'm an early adopter (Model S November 2012), stock purchaser, Powerwall buyer, crazy in awe of Elon and his companies...went to first owners convention to see him talk and listened with tears of gratitude for trying to save the planet...always singing his praises...until now. SO disgusted. I don't effing care if you can get a flamethrower easily anywhere else or you don't think it's a weapon or could actually be used as such. It's representative of a weapon and it can still injure, cause an accidental fire, who knows what stupid thing might happen? Why do this? Why associate a green company with a weapon used in both world wars? So much the opposite of saving mankind through technology! Any other non-violent gimmick to raise money - anything but this. He's made a major mistake and he has lost a longtime fan and financial supporter. Will sell our stock. I can't look at my gorgeous S (my beloved Astro) the same now. Yes, Tesla is a different company than Boring, whatever. It's the same Elon across all companies. He's had a psychotic break! Totally heartbroken and disillusioned. (I haven't posted in years, this got me back on here.) Thanks for letting me vent.

I'm an early adopter (Model S November 2012), stock purchaser, Powerwall buyer, crazy in awe of Elon and his companies...went to first owners convention to see him talk and listened with tears of gratitude for trying to save the planet...always singing his praises...until now. SO disgusted. I don't effing care if you can get a flamethrower easily anywhere else or you don't think it's a weapon or could actually be used as such. It's representative of a weapon and it can still injure, cause an accidental fire, who knows what stupid thing might happen? Why do this? Why associate a green company with a weapon used in both world wars? So much the opposite of saving mankind through technology! Any other non-violent gimmick to raise money - anything but this. He's made a major mistake and he has lost a longtime fan and financial supporter. Will sell our stock. I can't look at my gorgeous S (my beloved Astro) the same now. Yes, Tesla is a different company than Boring, whatever. It's the same Elon across all companies. He's had a psychotic break! Totally heartbroken and disillusioned. (I haven't posted in years, this got me back on here.) Thanks for letting me vent.

This is the funniest thing yet. It's not representative of a weapon used in any war. This is a blowtorch, not a flame thrower despite the name. Just like auto pilot isn't actually auto pilot despite what it's name says. A car can injure and you still drive it, "auto pilot" can injure someone and didn't stop for a semi OR a fire truck in broad daylight. A drill is representative of a pistol but you're not freaking out over Home Depot selling them. Also, a candle can injure and accidentally start a fire who knows what stupid thing might happen if you don't use a candle properly. You're part of the problem, just because you're not comfortable with something and don't have the self responsibility to control your actions doesn't mean a "flame thrower" is the end of the world. Think about it for a second Flame. Thrower. What flame is it actually throwing?

Reactions: Graffi