Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Mention of the Boring Company Flame Thrower Yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not much of a Flame Thrower.... More of a rifle looking blow torch. You can get them from Home Depot for a few dollars.

If you really want it to say "The Boring Company" then just print up some labels and stick them to the Home Depot blow torch. Save yourself $500. just a thought

Reactions: Swift
Have the hat but skipping the flamethrower. Now the freezegun sounds interesting. That's not from Spaceballs too is it?

So what do people typically do with these propane flaming devices? Only thing I can think of is roofing work...or large scale crème brûlée?

This is the most irresponsible and stupid business decision I've ever seen!

I'm really disappointed in Tesla. Not only does it change my entire perspective of what Tesla stands for, Elon should be focusing his efforts on actually producing Model 3's on time instead of selling ridiculous weapons to consumers. I really thought this had to be a bad joke.

I've already called to cancel my deposit on my Model 3.

Craziness!!!!!!

I have to agree with Kevin. Elon can do away with all these stupid distractions, that has no bearing to the original mission of Tesla. Well Tesla made a few million out of this, but not sure I agree with how that was done.

The while concept of tunneling and sending cars thru skates ? well in what way would that help get more M3s and get Y faster to the market?

• Funny
Reactions: DmitryTes and LCR1
Just saw the part below :)

upload_2018-1-29_5-22-59.png

Last edited:

I'm really disappointed in Tesla. Not only does it change my entire perspective of what Tesla stands for, Elon should be focusing his efforts on actually producing Model 3's on time instead of selling ridiculous weapons to consumers. I really thought this had to be a bad joke.

Are you also similarly disappointed in Tesla because the iPhone X does not have a fingerprint sensor?

While I agree this is a distraction.. people on here discount Tesla the brand and it’s percentage of sales.

If you are on here you are mostly an enthusiast or environmental conscious person... some people buy a Tesla for status/brand etc. this helps that imho.

So in a way it does help the ultimate goal. It probably took a couple people a couple days to come up with this 80% margin item.

Craziness!!!!!!

Are you also similarly disappointed in Tesla because the iPhone X does not have a fingerprint sensor?
I agree with Kevin, this is a terrible idea. Tesla, SpaceX, Boring Company... all great awe inspiring ideas of our time that we have not seen for many decades. The flamethrower is not progress and will eventually get somebody hurt. I am seriously thinking about selling my position in Tesla today. I wish he would remove it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Swift
Disclaimer: I didn't buy one. (I figure enough of you knuckleheads have done so & I'll have a chance to play with one, without buying yet another thing. But I'd probably get the Mini Boring Machine if it really could handle post holes.)

But people! Relax already. There is a reason companies require employees to take time off. A little fun in your life is necessary for mental health. He had some fun & it probably made him more productive overall. Laughter is good for everyone.

What's next? Monitoring his dating life? Oh, wait. There's a thread on that I think...

Craziness!!!!!!

I have to agree with Kevin. Elon can do away with all these stupid distractions, that has no bearing to the original mission of Tesla. Well Tesla made a few million out of this, but not sure I agree with how that was done.

The while concept of tunneling and sending cars thru skates ? well in what way would that help get more M3s and get Y faster to the market?

The Boring company isn't tesla. Are you all also disappointed that SpaceX is causing the M3 delay? oh right I haven't seen any of those complaints.

It's also funny how people think this is a weapon, you know you can buy "flame throwers" at homedepot right? google propane/ butane torch it's the exact same thing. For those wondering home use is usually burning weeds and snow removal. You'll also use them for paint removal, cleaning/prepping surfaces before welding and preheating work surfaces

All they've done is take a typical torch, increased the nozzle size and placed the torch into an airsoft chassis. With the size of that tank, you're most likely getting less than 60s of run time. Good luck using it as a "weapon" :rolleyes:

"Don't do this"

They also are telling people the same thing with eating Tide Pods.

It just goes to show you that fans of Elon will buy anything. I'm waiting for the $5,000 mini boring machine to replace my post hole digger.

I would have loved using a mini boring machine instead of digging a 5ft deep 200 foot trench for utilities. If I had one now, I'd probably add a geothermal system.