Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Model S Test drives until Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
I attempted to arrange a test drive of a refresh Model S so I could have some additional time with the yoke before forking over any cash. This is the canned response I received:

”Thank you for your interest in test driving! Due to high demand, all showrooms are awaiting new test drive vehicles to host experiences.

To book a future appointment, please respond 'Model 3 or Model Y'. Model S & X test drives are expected to resume this winter. In anticipation of long wait times & future price increases, if you are ready to move forward, we recommend locking in the current price by placing your $100 order now to secure your place in the manufacturing line.

For any further questions, please request a call. We look forward to hosting you soon!”

So to recap: Flagship vehicle, with brand new steering mechanism, not available to test drive anywhere until at least Q4. But also, give us your money now because FOMO! This company is really something else.

...So to recap: Flagship vehicle, with brand new steering mechanism, not available to test drive anywhere until at least Q4. But also, give us your money now because FOMO! This company is really something else...

Yes. Tesla has been aggressively using the principle of demands vs. supplies very well. There's no need for test drives if the demands have not been dried up just yet!

It's similar to at one point that Elon Musk said: “We anti-sell the Model 3.”

I attempted to arrange a test drive of a refresh Model S so I could have some additional time with the yoke before forking over any cash. This is the canned response I received:

”Thank you for your interest in test driving! Due to high demand, all showrooms are awaiting new test drive vehicles to host experiences.

To book a future appointment, please respond 'Model 3 or Model Y'. Model S & X test drives are expected to resume this winter. In anticipation of long wait times & future price increases, if you are ready to move forward, we recommend locking in the current price by placing your $100 order now to secure your place in the manufacturing line.

For any further questions, please request a call. We look forward to hosting you soon!”

So to recap: Flagship vehicle, with brand new steering mechanism, not available to test drive anywhere until at least Q4. But also, give us your money now because FOMO! This company is really something else.
Well as a sales advisor told me:
“There is so much back order on these cars it’s insane, we never seen anything like this.”

Reactions: cwanja
Well as a sales advisor told me:
“There is so much back order on these cars it’s insane, we never seen anything like this.”
Typical BS from a SA. As if they’ve never rolled out a high-demand product before. Original roadster, original Model S, and Model 3 come to mind.

This was simply a botched rollout of a vehicle that was not finished yet.

that's how they roll. I'm Rick James, bitch!

• Funny
Reactions: glide
Submitted a request Friday, 10/15 and response was none available until possibly December. Went to a local center and they said same thing. I was able to test drive a Model 3P though. They had new delivery S models with the refresh in the lot but they weren't not permitted to open the doors.