Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Model X Software Update in 2 1/2 Months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you on 2018.50.6? You should have received 2019.8.x by now. I’d say if you don’t by next week, call national support and have them check your car to be sure it’s not ‘stuck’, which can happen.

But until this week, a lot of S and X’s were on 2018.50.6.

Yup - 2018.5.6. Why is that significant?
It’s a year old. I bet your car is ‘stuck’. Call national support and ask them to check why you haven’t received anything in a year. Often they can fix it remotely.

Or did you mean 2018.50.6? Which is about two months old. In that case, you should get a new release this week or so.

Typos are important. :D

Reboot both screens and you should get the update about 10 minutes later (assuming you’re on WiFi). That’s what I did today on my S and I’ve had good success with this trick with past major releases (though doesn’t work with minor releases).

Since we don't have it yet, don't have any personal experience on this - yet.

Musk promised last year that owners would be able to have more control over firmware updates.

Evidently the latest software release may finally deliver on this promise - with the ability to request firmware updates.

Until then, when each vehicle gets a specific firmware update will appear to be completely random. We have an S 100D and X 100D, and they are almost always on different versions - often with weeks or months between new updates.

This has been an area where Tesla has long needed to make improvements - and it looks like they may be doing that in the latest software - finally...