Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more 24 hour test drive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About 3 months ago we went to look at MY at our local dealer and at that time they were offering 24 hour test drive. We drove friends MY and finally put in an order three weeks ago and went to the same dealer to do a test drive and now they only offer a 20 mins test drive? Just wondering if anyone here had the same experience? TIA

I test drove a Model Y for the first time in May and was given 30 minutes. I took about 45 but the contact at the service center didn't mind it at all. The car was sitting at a "random" supercharger near me and was all done remotely with no issues. A friend of mine tried to do a test drive about a week ago at the same supercharger and the sales rep said that they aren't doing test drives right now since there's no inventory to allow for it.

Reactions: Lucas007
I test drove a Model Y for the first time in May and was given 30 minutes. I took about 45 but the contact at the service center didn't mind it at all. The car was sitting at a "random" supercharger near me and was all done remotely with no issues. A friend of mine tried to do a test drive about a week ago at the same supercharger and the sales rep said that they aren't doing test drives right now since there's no inventory to allow for it.
Maybe the low inventory is preventing for all the test drives, but they do still need to accommodate test drives to sell cars.

Back in the summer time when I had my LR already on order but thought about placing an order for a Perf, I went and test drove a Perf to see how that was. The guys at the Brea store had no problem if you took the LR out by yourself for a 30+ min test drive, but with the Perf they wanted a store employee sitting shotgun in the car and only allowed a 15 min test drive. Can't say I blame them since I'm sure people would probably just rip around in the Perf every single chance they got.

They did offer an "overnight test" with the LR, but I didn't want to take that home and bring it back the next morning when they opened up. They've offered me overnight test drives before, where I could take the demo car home in the afternoon (around 4 or 5pm) and would have to bring it back at 10am when they opened the next morning. Never found a convenient time to do it so I never took advantage of this, but that's what they've offered for me in the past.

I'm sure with demand being way up and inventory being very low (even their demo cars), they may not be offering this as much these days.

Reactions: Lucas007