Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more $35K Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you not see how the prices have been dropping literally every month? its only a matter of time, stop speculating. They removed it so people that visit the site for the first time, don't sit around and wait for that base model.
So just a matter of time but too long of a time to have people sit and wait for it, that is what you're saying, right? Is the 691hp for my P85D just a matter of time, or summon to park itself at a supercharger?

And honestly I wouldn't get the model 3 with any lower battery capacity, it would ruin the experience especially if you live in the cold.
And I wouldn't buy a Model 3 because I prefer the experience of the Model S, does that mean Tesla should not make the Model 3? How is what you or I would or wouldn't buy relevant to this discussion?

From another thread:

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

Scroll past all the photos and the poster says the following:

2/6/19 around 8:50am - lot looks half full, employee said that they are gearing up for the standard Model 3 production so things may have slowed there. Won’t be sold at $35K though initially - more like $40K with a lot of amenities removed (ie cheaper stereo system with smaller speakers, no charger included, etc) to make the car lighter to reach the 240 mile range with a smaller battery. The $35K car will come later -

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Tesla should just flat out say that indeed there will be no 35K model 3 so the rest of the reservation holders can make a decision and move on with or without a Tesla. Who knows...there might be a bunch of demand for the MR after they make that annoucement.
While you might be right, Elon will never admit he didn't deliver, that is not his style. The way he handles not delivering is
  1. keep saying it's coming "soon", most often via OTA update (of course not applicable for $35K Model S)
  2. complete radio silence
  3. then after some time pretend it never happened, and if pressed on it say "boooring, next question"
On one occasion they inserted step 4 - "the car is totally capable of 691hp, but not all of the car, so on its best day the car really only produces 463hp", but that's because they got sued and the judge didn't buy the "boooring" argument.

• Funny
Reactions: Matias and Cowby
It is somewhat hard for me to see them not putting the PUP in all of the vehicles but we will see.

I'm pretty sure for cost cutting it's essential to cut out PUP along with many other small things, atleast in the short term. I think just being a Tesla with it's core advantages as an EV, and still eligible for the current tax credit should be enough to win people over and give Tesla the sales they need right now. As they figure out engineering and manufacturing improvements that save cost, I could see PUP working it's way in as standard (or a smaller upcharge) eventually.

I'm pretty sure for cost cutting it's essential to cut out PUP along with many other small things, atleast in the short term. I think just being a Tesla with it's core advantages as an EV, and still eligible for the current tax credit should be enough to win people over and give Tesla the sales they need right now. As they figure out engineering and manufacturing improvements that save cost, I could see PUP working it's way in as standard (or a smaller upcharge) eventually.

Yeah I agree. Just seems like a production pain to have to have multiple interiors in addition to already adding white interior.

Anyone know a way to setup a charitable wager? I’d bet $100 for charity that the $35k car arrives by end of this year.

I love charitable bets. Too bad everyone backs out when time to put money where your mouth is. The most exciting one was someone said they could buy me out 10 times over (ie, 10x my net worth).

Another one was I didn't have a college degree.

A better bet would be 1H or 2H 2019. I would say 2H. If you want to take 1st half, I'm game. If we both lose, charities are $200 richer?

Below is what was "reorged" away from Tesla website:
View attachment 378711
All the fanboys about to chime in how Elon and Tesla always deliver, therefore it must still be coming soon, please hold your comments until it actually comes and works (this was AP1, today even AP2.5 summon doesn't even come close to this).

But, if we take liberties in interpretations allowing what was delivered for AP1 satisfy the above description, then the $35K Model 3 before government rebates is already available today, you just have to drive it for Uber or Lyft long enough to make enough (~$8K) in profit. :p

I don't about you but my car does all those things. When going by a parking spot, if I'm going slowly it will bring up a park symbol. Then I can press it and it automatically turns, backs into it and parks for me. Sure i have to be manually driving by it but it does do that for me. Same for parking in a supercharger spot.

Garage parking does require straight in/out, but summon does do that.

This example is pretty poor, there are much stronger promises (e.g. FSD based) that Tesla took away. But they've pretty much fulfilled everything here, just not as optimally as we would like.

I don't about you but my car does all those things. When going by a parking spot, if I'm going slowly it will bring up a park symbol. Then I can press it and it automatically turns, backs into it and parks for me. Sure i have to be manually driving by it but it does do that for me. Same for parking in a supercharger spot.

Garage parking does require straight in/out, but summon does do that.

This example is pretty poor, there are much stronger promises (e.g. FSD based) that Tesla took away. But they've pretty much fulfilled everything here, just not as optimally as we would like.
There is a picture illustrating what "meet at the curb" means - post a video of your car doing that, based on your calendar appointment too.