Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NO MORE CHROME! Blue & Satin Black Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to share with you a recent transformation that we did for a customer.
No more chrome or textured black plastic.
All the exterior chrome pieces and lower rear deffuser have been wrapped in 3M satin black film. All the factory lower body trim pieces have been painted Tesla blue body color including the nose cone.

wwwSupercarFocuscom19_zps7e8135fb.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom18_zpsb1707d3a.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom17_zps9706763e.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom16_zpsacc698a4.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom15_zpse2c15447.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom14_zps07e937fb.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom13_zpse1c3db96.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom12_zpsc3593eb3.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom11_zps9b8e5948.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom10_zpscd4b9951.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom9_zps00c37bba.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom8_zps1f950697.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom7_zps8ad7cbfb.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom6_zpsb15ffe5a.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom5_zpsd3f0ab00.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom4_zpsc8ed54e7.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom3_zpsf7f74142.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom2_zpsa7de20ae.jpg

wwwSupercarFocuscom1_zps98c27e7b.jpg

Reactions: Rama
Looks like mine, except I had mine wrapped in a satin xpel film so the blue is also satin.

473433_10151366160972540_1503156030_o.jpg

Wow! Where did you get your wrap done?

@hvb - Northwest Auto Salon in Lynnwood. Talk to Blake, he's the best in the area. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my cars (he's done my Ferrari and done many other exotics including Lambos and a Koenigsegg).

@Soflason - Thanks, Northwest Auto Salon has a place in their shop to take photos. I'm still waiting on a few more, they said they also did a video.

@Kunal - pls post more pix and video when you get a chance, very, very cool indeed.

@DrT - your Model S metamorphosis by A-E, " the Tesla the Hun" is still the most amazing transformation I've seen to date, that two-toned beast with the scorpion-style wheels has the most sting on TMC! The big question is: will "the Hun" be making a cameo appearance at TESLIVE?

Both these cars are amazing! 'Growing' the Tesla pie by showing what else can be done! Way to go guys!
And to think, there was a post on 'my' TMC thread where they said, "BUT I can't see how you can get a depth of color and nuance from a thin film"

@DrTaras so my car doesn't have a thin film and it isn't a typical film wrap. My wrap is actually an 8mm thick clear wrap on top of the standard Tesla blue, basically it is a very thick paint protection film. The film has a 10 year warranty and supposedly has self healing properties.

@Sosflason I'll try to get some more pics.

That can't be. The seems would be completely rounded with an 8mm wrap, and you'd lose most of the lines on the car. Perhaps it's 8 mils instead?

8 mils would still be thick for a wrap - wraps are generally 6 mils.

To put things into perspective, 8mm is 315 mils...

Sorry deonb is right, I wrote that at 5:20 this morning and meant to write mils. The material is by a company called Xpel. And I actually believe it is more than 8mils.

@DrT - your Model S metamorphosis by A-E, " the Tesla the Hun" is still the most amazing transformation I've seen to date, that two-toned beast with the scorpion-style wheels has the most sting on TMC! The big question is: will "the Hun" be making a cameo appearance at TESLIVE?
Many thanx for the kudos which of course go much to A-E! I like the description of the "scorpion".
Regarding TesLive... my people are talking to their people ;-)

I like the chrome black-out look, too, but added a few red accents to go with the red brake calipers ... also wrapped my mirror bodies in carbon fiber, and think it would look good on your car ... (Attention entrepreneurs: I've gotten a lot of compliments about the CF wrap ... I bet if somebody made them out of real CF, they'd sell well ... I'll buy the first set)

side.JPG
front T.JPG
back T.JPG
mirror.JPG
wheel.JPG

I'm sure Elon is not impressed. I'm not either.
Spoils the look of the car with custom configs such as these.
But hey, who am I to complain?
If that's what you want, go for it!
However, it doesn't look like a Tesla. It wasn't supposed to look like this.