Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more cold feet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
81700855-70D2-418E-820F-27172F683AB3.jpeg
Heat distribution is not Teslas strongest point, at least not in my model S from late 2015. Especially problematic is the lack of heat to the driver's right foot. I was frustrated not just as an owner but also on behalf of the Tesla community and the shareholders. Soon Audi E-Tron and Jaguar I-Pace will be attractive alternatives and although they don't master zero to blackout in 3 seconds I am pretty sure they know how to make floor heating work. If enough of us switch brand the stock will suffer. So, I went to work anticipating a long line of experiments, but beginners luck came by. It took under 30 minutes to make a working model that I still use. The right foot is now warm, however, the left foot is not as warm as before. That can be corrected but so far I am so pleased with a warm driving foot that I keep it as it is.
All you need is an empty plastic can, fx. windscreen washer fluid. Cut out 8x8 cm where the
can curves 20 degrees at the top to get an L- shape. I enclose photo to give you an idea of the concept. Go Ahead! The hardest part is laying upside down to install it.