TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

No more email notifications

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by JRP3, Apr 21, 2015.

1. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but none of the threads I'm subscribed to with "Instant" email notifications are notifying me any longer, starting yesterday I think. Maybe the 868 thread subscriptions broke something? :redface:

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I looks like starting Sunday evening a number of emails sent to you were bounced. If this happens enough times our mail server will stop sending mail to the offending email address for a period of time, the length of which depends on the severity. In your case, you should start getting mail again from us today.

Be sure you're nut running up against some limit with your email service.

3. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

Yes notifications are coming in again. I've been getting other emails all along, and I usually delete them all after reading, so I don't think I should be hitting any limits.

4. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I noticed something similar with a few other AOL email addresses, so it's possible their server was having issues over the weekend.

Seems like a quarter to half of the emails were soft bouncing (meaning most were still getting through) for about a day before our server decided to just stop sending for 48 or so hours.

5. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

Yes notices did seem to taper down before stopping completely.

6. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

Seems to be happening again.

7. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

They just started showing up again. Thanks if you did something, if not, thanks to the internet gods.