Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more Enterprise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I called the Milford, CT service center last week for an appointment, I asked if I could please have a Tesla loaner and not an ice car. They said it was first come, first served, but they would try. Yesterday when I dropped the car for a (not) charging problem, there were two Tesla keys on the desk, one for a P85D and one for a 60. I was told the P85D just came back in and needs to be ‘processed’ before it can go back out. I took the 60 and started home.

Five minutes into the trip, I could not get the radio to work, so I returned and was quickly given an 85D. No Enterprise representative, no paperwork. Clearly they have gone back to loaners from their own fleet because I was told Enterprise only had two Tesla’s to rent. Another great experience at the Milford service center, and the 85D performs as well as the P85 I left with them to repair. No P85D, but better luck next time.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
Enterprise was at Pomona, CA service center. I was there last Friday and they have no Tesla loaners... tons of ICE SUVs though. I took one that looks like it will have the best MPG for a few hours.... and they called the car was ready. I returned the loaner in under 4 hours. The following Monday I got a email from Enterprise... they charged Tesla $170 for the loaner from Friday to Monday. Enterprise is making pretty good money.. I think they are here to stay.

I find the Enterprise solution to be pretty shoddy. Without fail I get a dripping wet, still dirty car with ~100 miles of range. It takes ~15 minutes to be driven from the service center to the Enterprise location & do the paperwork. Ok, sure, it’s a car to drive - a Tesla, at that. But I wish they had an in-house loaner fleet, like I had with prior BMW’s and MB’s.

I won’t accept a non-AP loaner, period. And the Enterprise fleet of Model S in SoCal do not be default have AP enabled, which I find unacceptably parsimonious,

Fortunately, the nearby SvC has exceeded expectations in providing AP1 or temporarily-enabled AP2 Enterprise loaners.

The Paramus SvC has a few of their own loaners (a P85 and a P85D I think), plus a couple Enterprise-owned 75Ds, and I'm sure they also supplement with ICE cars when they run out of Teslas. The only difference you can tell is they need a credit card and form for Enterprise, the SvC owned ones they just give you the key and let you go on your merry way.