Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No More Envy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We recently drove down to Naples Florida in our P85D and spent a few weeks there. Naples is often described as two places; 3rd St is Old Naples with Bentley's and 5th Avenue is New Naples with Ferrari's, Maserati's, and Lambo's. Though I've had some great cars I'd always see stuff in others that made me want them. Sort of a grass is greener thing perhaps. This time was different. It was interesting to me how often we'd park between maybe a McLaren and Ferrari and I'd have no desire for either over my P85D.

There wasn't a single other car I'd rather have been driving (except perhaps the P90DL with a great tan interior that parked next to us one night). Even a couple of Bugatti Veyron's and a handful of Aston Martin's didn't cause the slightest bit of envy.

We'll see what happens the first time I park next to a RapidE or Koenisegg's upcoming BEV. :)

I don't know. I still like the way my Lamborghini looks and sounds. But I like everything else about the Tesla. Tesla to me is like a really great wife with the girl next door looks. And the Lamborghini is like the hot girlfriend you see on the side. Maybe you've grown up and have committed. But I still like having both.

For four years, we've shown Tesla cars in the St. Louis Auto Show. Another fixture there is the "million dollar mile", where they show the "exotic" cars that are all north of $150,000. Each year I walk the entire show to look at everything from the St. Louis classic car groups, to the actual production models from all manufacturers, to the Mile. And each year, I feel mostly uninspired by them all. The only vroom-vroom car that inspires me there are the Aston-Martin cars... they have a very refined look. I don't need loud-and-showy Lambo or Ferrari.

I love to jump in my classic cars and drive them (What other vehicles do you have in your garage?) occasionally, but that's more of a look-back than an inspiring car.

I agree with OP. Tesla has completely ruined me being a "Car Guy." I skipped the LA Auto Show this year when I heard their wouldn't be an X, because I could really careless about any ICE. Koenigsegg did just announce a 1Megawatt car that will be announced soon and that is the first thing that has peaked my interest outside of Tesla since I've owned my model S.

Two favorite cars: our original late 1931 Ford deluxe coupe and the P90DL - both a hoot to drive. But I always choose the Ford if time allows, the sun is shining and the roads are dry. The license plate wrapper on our Model S says, "Happiness is driving my Model A".

The only way for me for the Model S to improve, is a pukka wagon/estate/shooting break edition.... Such as:

a51e8490fd21a0c00ad7bb6a95980e2a.jpg