Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more extended warranty for MS ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good!

Never buy an extended warranty they are a scam to part a fool from his money.

Take whatever money you would spend on a warranty and invest it, then when something does fail you have the money to fix it, and between deductibles and arguing over if its actually covered, (a lot isn't covered) you can just get things fixed easily.
The very rare occasion that a high value item breaks, and not only is covered but also breaks before you have paid the value of that item to the warranty is extremely uncommon and not worth it.
This may be the best option after hours of research on extended warranties, who provides them, and what is and is not covered. Thank you!

Reactions: 2101Guy
For both my Model X and Model S (2016 and 2017) have purchased the 4 year extended warranty (from Tesla). I've now used them beyond it's value, even with the $200 deductible per RN... Best advise is to lump all of the issues together under a single RN vs. doing in for every little thing.

For anyone with an older Model S or Model X, you can only acquire the extended warranty directly from the service department. You can no longer do it on their web site.

• Love
Reactions: pabla
This may be the best option after hours of research on extended warranties, who provides them, and what is and is not covered. Thank you!
The exclusions from both the Xcelerate Xcare EV warranty and the Tesla Extended warranty are almost if not entirely identical on vehicle coverage, except the Xcare warranty has a $100 deductible per visit, while the Tesla is $200 per visit. Other extended care warranties are not really EV centric, and cover transmissions, engines, and other items our cars don't even have. Tesla won't fool with communications with the warranty administrator unless it is Tesla. Xcare seems to handle this well. You send them the estimate and communicate with them. You may need to occasionally pay for the repair and get reimbursed. XCare seems responsive to posts from those on TMC that have it. I don't have an extended warranty yet, and not sure at this point if I am going to do it.

Attachments

• Tesla ESA Exclusions.pdf
    156.1 KB · Views: 72
  • X-Care ESA Exclusions.pdf
    162.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Informative
Reactions: brico84