Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more free unlimited supercharging for some used Tesla vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went took the kids to Dave & Busters yesterday and realized that there was a supercharger across the street from there. Took the car there to supercharge for the first time for me. Easy to figure out and exciting to see the car charge up faster than 30 Miles/hour.

But to add insult to injury - I was charged for that session. I know I was given 1000 free miles a year but apparently that too has been taken away.

This is wrong. Tesla should know better and frankly I am stunned they are even doing this. The irony is the older S/X's out there are going to be a rounding error on the overall use of the Supercharger network. I also agree that if Tesla is selling the used vehicle, they have every right to take and give as they choose. They should not however be able to take any asset from me that I own, even if the car is changing hands. To me that is where they crossed the line and would lose in court. I predict this will get reversed very quickly as the lawyers start lining up and the press gets up to speed on this. Still am stunned that they would do this at all. These are the people that helped pave the way for Tesla to get the word out. The early adopters that through word of mouth helped spread the word of Elon. Still can't understand why they would do this with so few vehicles out there. Greed is not good folks.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Went really well, and their 100-day warranty has pretty good coverage if you find anything wrong with the car after the purchase.

....I should put together a thread on the Carvana experience. I've gotten a lot of questions about it.
thanks, just read your post on Carvana experience, I think my next car will be from there or Hertz car sales.
just cant deal with stealerships/ used car sales (wo)men

Reactions: aerodyne
Tesla finally responded to one of my emails... Figured they finally pointed me to the policy. I think this adds new information, so I think it is worth one last bump to this thread.

Privacy & Legal | Tesla

Quote:
All vehicles ordered after January 15, 2017, and vehicles ordered by January 15, 2017 but built after April 15, 2017, are enabled for Supercharging on a pay per use basis. Any credits for free Supercharging that are given with the purchase of a vehicle, including any annual renewal of credits, expire upon the sale or transfer of the vehicle and are not transferable to any subsequent vehicle owner, or to any other vehicle. Credits for Supercharging expire after a set period of time and do not rollover into future periods.

Tesla finally responded to one of my emails... Figured they finally pointed me to the policy. I think this adds new information, so I think it is worth one last bump to this thread.

Privacy & Legal | Tesla

Quote:
All vehicles ordered after January 15, 2017, and vehicles ordered by January 15, 2017 but built after April 15, 2017, are enabled for Supercharging on a pay per use basis. Any credits for free Supercharging that are given with the purchase of a vehicle, including any annual renewal of credits, expire upon the sale or transfer of the vehicle and are not transferable to any subsequent vehicle owner, or to any other vehicle. Credits for Supercharging expire after a set period of time and do not rollover into future periods.
Who/Where did you email at Tesla?

Purchased on 7/11 from a used car dealer in Dallas, TX. Dealer sells a lot of Teslas, so they promptly submitted all my paperwork to transfer the ownership with Tesla. As far as I can tell - the policy changes happened on 7/20 or so. Tesla - taking their time, added it to my account on 7/22.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
Is this still a problem? Considering selling my 1/2017 X75 with 26K miles, but concerned in telling buyers about the supposed transferable FUSC. I just noticed many, but not all, Tesla CPO cars offer FUSC. Strange that some 2016 X90D have it and some don't. I also notice all new orders of X (and S I presume) continue to offer FUSC past quarter end.

I've read around here that it only transfers from the initial owner to the next and not to any subsequent owners. Is this true? Does this apply to the FUSC on the S-es up to 01/2017 ?

I don’t think the third/subsequent owner issue is real. Was some conjecture about whether transferability to “subsequent owner” written without a plural meant something or not.

After 1/2017 the rules definitely changed