Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more free unlimited supercharging for some used Tesla vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have to have a credit card on file with Tesla for using an SC?

Dispute every charge with your credit card company and provide the FUSC documentation as proof the charges are not valid.

I didn't need a card on file as my account originally had FUSC. It was the appearance of a balance on my account that led me to notice the feature was removed. Adding a card and paying the balance at this point would feel like acknowledging that what they did is acceptable. I respond to the Add A Credit Card/Pay Your Balance emails with the same arguments and screenshots I have been sending to support insisting it be corrected. As if I should need it I added another one to my latest email, the Pay Per Use policy on their legal page today still uses the January 15th as the starting date for paid supercharging and transfer limitations.
PayPerUsePolicy.jpg

Dispute every charge with your credit card company and provide the FUSC documentation as proof the charges are not valid.
That leaves Tesla the option of blocking the VIN from any super charging for “non-payment”. I think this should go straight to the Tesla-approved arbitration process.

Reactions: Paladin732

I can't stop laughing at all the "devaluing the used- car" price by removing FUSC. Tesla has absolutely no care in how much they devalue used cars. My first 2015 Loaded S85D had a higher list price than my Raven refresh Long Rage Performance + Ludicrous.....and a large less than my 2017 S100D. Tesla doesn't give a rats a$$ about how they devalue cars with any decision they make.

That actually brings up a question that I never thought about before! I take possession of my 2015 P85DL and have a road trip planned to a cottage 400 kms away on 2019-08-16. Will I immediately have access to the Supercharger tomorrow or do I have to have an account set up with Tesla first? If an accont must be set up, how long does that take? I won't be able to complete my trip without supercharger access :S Thanks!

That actually brings up a question that I never thought about before! I take possession of my 2015 P85DL and have a road trip planned to a cottage 400 kms away on 2019-08-16. Will I immediately have access to the Supercharger tomorrow or do I have to have an account set up with Tesla first? If an accont must be set up, how long does that take? I won't be able to complete my trip without supercharger access :S Thanks!

Take a screenshot of this from the current owners account in case they try to remove the FUSC after transfer of ownership. You should be fine on your drive home, it tends to take days if not weeks for transfer of ownership to be processed. If you want to be super safe don't even request transfer of ownership until you get home.
TeslaAccountScreenShot.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: VifferFun
Private purchase at third party dealership of 2017 model s70 in October 2018. Had free supercharging up until june 2019, now its gone. Friend who works for Tesla from graduate business school confirmed. My s70 was a special model they sold exclusively to car dealership owners and I believe livery services. The original owner, the owner of the toyota dealership i bought it at, had free supercharging. Again, I had free super charging up until july 2019. Ive emailed them multiple times, with no response.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4 and outdoors
Private purchase at third party dealership of 2017 model s70 in October 2018. Had free supercharging up until june 2019, now its gone. Friend who works for Tesla from graduate business school confirmed. My s70 was a special model they sold exclusively to car dealership owners and I believe livery services. The original owner, the owner of the toyota dealership i bought it at, had free supercharging. Again, I had free super charging up until july 2019. Ive emailed them multiple times, with no response.

That's pretty alarming.

Tesla removed your supercharging a year after you purchased the car?

Just shows nobody is immune and they can do whatever they feel like.

The only thing that doesn’t make sense about that post is tesla selling the car specifically for livery services with free supercharging

Why are you so critical of my post? To what end?

I said, and I quote “ I believe for livery service”. From what I recall my classmate/ Tesla employee saying, my car has some special uniqueness in it that Model S’s were not made in s70 in 2017. They were made specially for car dealership owners to some end, wither that be livery or some other reason.

Regardless, and to the point, as a retail consumer buying it from another retail consumer, I shouldnt have lost free supercharging as it was part of the understood value of the property.

Question for you: Are you a shill Tesla employee poster in the forms?

I said, and I quote “ I believe for livery service”. From what I recall my classmate/ Tesla employee saying, my car has some special uniqueness in it that Model S’s were not made in s70 in 2017. They were made specially for car dealership owners to some end, wither that be livery or some other reason.

Regardless, and to the point, as a retail consumer buying it from another retail consumer, I shouldnt have lost free supercharging as it was part of the understood value of the property.

As in why it doesn't make sense. Nothing against your situation. Free supercharging wasn't supposed to be for commercial users. However they didn't update that policy until later.

Welcome to TMC @Tiber. And no @AMPd is not a shill or a Tesla employee. Need a hug?;)

Reactions: AMPd
As in why it doesn't make sense. Nothing against your situation. Free supercharging wasn't supposed to be for commercial users. However they didn't update that policy until later.

Welcome to TMC @Tiber. And no @AMPd is not a shill or a Tesla employee. Need a hug?;)
Exactly. Tesla didn't come out with the policy against commercial Supercharging until mid-December 2017.

Also, Tesla does have a commercial sales department but I've never read about it anywhere online...

Reactions: outdoors

Exactly, dont offer feed back if its not constructive. Maybe Amp needs a hug? Im here for discourse and possibly answers.

Do you know when the original owner ordered the car? Supercharging wasn't transferrable for most cars ordered in 2017. If it wasn't ordered by the deadline then it's possible that you got free Supercharging accidentally and they removed it after discovering their error.

Do you know when the original owner ordered the car? Supercharging wasn't transferrable for most cars ordered in 2017. If it wasn't ordered by the deadline then it's possible that you got free Supercharging accidentally and they removed it after discovering their error.
The short answer is no. Based on the VIN I know it was delivered in April 2017, and yes I am aware of the January 2017 policy. However, according to the former classmate/ employee this unit was unique and equipped with the feature before and after sale up until June 2019.

Calm down, I wasn’t being critical I was just saying maybe your car lost free supercharging because of the policy
But if that policy was put together after your car was originally sold then I guess we rule that theory out

A shill Tesla employee? I wish!

Calm down, I wasn’t being critical I was just saying maybe your car lost free supercharging because of the policy
But if that policy was put together after your car was originally sold then I guess we rule that theory out

A shill Tesla employee? I wish!
Your original comment was indicting, you didn't ask any questions or offer any constructive feedback. I think maybe you should calm down lol, take Morrison up on his hug offer.