Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more FSD beta after a few months of no subscription?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I subscribed last year to FSD and got in the beta program. I stopped my subscription in the spring on 2022. My car stayed on the beta release track, as expected, and I am now on 2022.20.19. I also bought EAP during the summer.

I was excited with the news about 10.69.3, thinking I would check it out, but yesterday I got a notice to update to 2022.40.4.1, not 20.36.xx. Am I getting the boot because I haven't used FSD is a while? Anyone else experienced the same thing?

I guess I can restart my subscription and hope that triggers an update to 2022.36, but I was hoping to upgrade first and then restart so I would get the benefits from day 1.

I think buying EAP reset your status; I've had the same thing happen to me. Been in FSD beta since last christmas, subscribed off and on throughout this year, most recently having cancelled 10/27. Got updated to 2022.36.20 despite not having an active sub, and ended up buying EAP a few weeks ago for various reasons. Then last week I decided to sub to FSD again for thanksgiving travels and to see 69.3.1 which I hadn't used yet. Unfortunately once subscribing I did not have FSD anymore, but a button to request access just like when I originally signed up last december. I pressed the button and about a week has passed but no change on my end, despite being on the appropriate software version (2022.36.20) and the beta supposedly being 'wide'. I emailed [email protected] but haven't gotten a response, so I also put in a service request today just in case they have a better line to tesla to see if I can get whitelisted again.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
Upvote 0
You might want to wait for the holiday release to see if FSD beta is released to all. Then there would be no question of getting it immediately with your subscription. If you upgrade to 2022.40.4.1, then you will definitely not get FSDb until a future release.

Upvote 0
I think buying EAP reset your status; I've had the same thing happen to me. Been in FSD beta since last christmas, subscribed off and on throughout this year, most recently having cancelled 10/27. Got updated to 2022.36.20 despite not having an active sub, and ended up buying EAP a few weeks ago for various reasons. Then last week I decided to sub to FSD again for thanksgiving travels and to see 69.3.1 which I hadn't used yet. Unfortunately once subscribing I did not have FSD anymore, but a button to request access just like when I originally signed up last december. I pressed the button and about a week has passed but no change on my end, despite being on the appropriate software version (2022.36.20) and the beta supposedly being 'wide'. I emailed [email protected] but haven't gotten a response, so I also put in a service request today just in case they have a better line to tesla to see if I can get whitelisted again.
Yeah, that makes sense. I kept getting all the updates in the 2022.20.xx branch but was probably already slated to go back to the regular branches.
You might want to wait for the holiday release to see if FSD beta is released to all. Then there would be no question of getting it immediately with your subscription. If you upgrade to 2022.40.4.1, then you will definitely not get FSDb until a future release.
Not sure what to do at this point. I don't want to update from 2022.20.19.

I think I'll subscribe again for a month to see if that triggers an update back in the beta branches. If not, I'll cancel and wait until the wide availability actually hits regular users to test the new stuff.

I really like EAP, though, and it's worth even getting bumped off FSDb for me.

Thanks for your replies

Upvote 0
@RickyFish89 I renewed my FSD subscription yesterday, and same as you, got the prompt to request Beta. I kept getting prompted to upgrade to the non-beta branch, and I rebooted my screen to see if that would stop that prompt.

It did not stop the software update notification but I am in the beta again. I used it this morning.

If you haven't tried that, you should reboot, unless this was a coincidence and I got beta because today is the first of the month (?).

I'll post an update later if I get the beta software upgrade.

Upvote 0
Back then I assumed that the beta software would be removed if I didn't renew my subscription, but many people reported that their cars continued on the beta branches unless they did something to actively remove their car from them. Apparently, buying EAP is one of those things.
When you start out in the beta, you are told that you must explicitly ask to be removed from it.

Upvote 0
@RickyFish89 I renewed my FSD subscription yesterday, and same as you, got the prompt to request Beta. I kept getting prompted to upgrade to the non-beta branch, and I rebooted my screen to see if that would stop that prompt.

It did not stop the software update notification but I am in the beta again. I used it this morning.

If you haven't tried that, you should reboot, unless this was a coincidence and I got beta because today is the first of the month (?).

I'll post an update later if I get the beta software upgrade.
thanks for the tip! I just went out to reboot and had the option to turn it on now. I had been rebooting practically daily the first few days after subscribing to no avail so I stopped trying that. Yesterday I got a prompt to download 2022.40.xx so I entered the service menu and chose to reinstall software (2022.36.20). That did get rid of the prompted update (at least for the time being), but didn't get FSD working, so something must have changed between yesterday and today. Thanks again for letting me know!

Reactions: Extant
Upvote 0
So are we saying that even if you cancel your FSD subscription, you still get FSD beta and its subsequent updates? Free FSD? Heck yeah I’m in!? Seems like a major oversight.
If you had the FSDb package installed (2022.36.20) you will not be able to activate its FSDb features if your subscription has lapsed. But otherwise you do have the software installed, available upon subscription.

Upvote 0
So are we saying that even if you cancel your FSD subscription, you still get FSD beta and its subsequent updates? Free FSD? Heck yeah I’m in!? Seems like a major oversight.
The FSD Beta button is cut off and Grayed Out with Subscription canceled.
IMG_2149.jpeg

Upvote 0
You were in 2022.40? And you are now running what?
No, I was on 2022.20.19, but my car was prompting to update to 2022.40.xx instead of 2022.36.xx because I bought EAP. Looks like that causes you to get bumped out of FSDb.
I ignored the prompts, restarted my FSD subscription, and reinstalled 2022.20.19. Now I am back on the beta branch with 2022.36.6.
My car is having some of the issues people reported with that version, so I hope to vet 2022.36.20 soon.

Reactions: JonB65
Upvote 0