Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more keyfob comes with model x?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would have been nice if Tesla offered a $175 credit for those of us who are waiting on cars that ordered before they announced that key fobs will be no longer included when picking up the car
I ordered in Dec 2021 and picking up my X 2022 Refresh (tomorrow Fri 9/30) and I was emailed a $200 credit for buying mobile charger OR wall charger this week once they knew I was taking delivery. So, that's good news at least. I wish they included fobs. I have a 90D, and love my fobs. I plan to buy 1 of them.

I ordered in Dec 2021 and picking up my X 2022 Refresh (tomorrow Fri 9/30) and I was emailed a $200 credit for buying mobile charger OR wall charger this week once they knew I was taking delivery. So, that's good news at least. I wish they included fobs. I have a 90D, and love my fobs. I plan to buy 1 of them.
The new FOB doesn't operate the doors, just FYI. I wanted to get a FOB too until I found that out it won't work the same as my previous X FOB, which I used a lot to operate the doors/close all doors.

The new FOB doesn't operate the doors, just FYI. I wanted to get a FOB too until I found that out it won't work the same as my previous X FOB, which I used a lot to operate the doors/close all doors.
This is NOT correct. The new X Refresh fobs 100% operate the doors. They changed the button presses though. Recommend you watch this Tesla video which explains it.

2016 - 2020 button presses are DIFFERENT than the 2021 and later.
Check out this video for X Refresh. Front Doors | Model X | Tesla
For folks who didn't watch the video, since I did and picked up my X Refresh TODAY! :)
Double press roof of fob for driver door open. Double press again of fob for passenger door. This is SEPARATE from Falcon Doors control on fob.

Tesla direct is $175 as of 9/30. But they’re out of stock. If you don’t want to wait buying via eBay should be fine for that specific auction. I’ve been watching that auction item and it appear legit even though you’re paying a premium. I might buy one that way too. I’m not a fan of key cards. If you have an X, fob is so much more convenient.

Reactions: Prairie
Tesla direct is $175 as of 9/30. But they’re out of stock. If you don’t want to wait buying via eBay should be fine for that specific auction. I’ve been watching that auction item and it appear legit even though you’re paying a premium. I might buy one that way too. I’m not a fan of key cards. If you have an X, fob is so much more convenient.
The website might be out, but they are frequently in stock at your neighborhood Tesla store

This is NOT correct. The new X Refresh fobs 100% operate the doors. They changed the button presses though. Recommend you watch this Tesla video which explains it.

2016 - 2020 button presses are DIFFERENT than the 2021 and later.
Check out this video for X Refresh. Front Doors | Model X | Tesla
For folks who didn't watch the video, since I did and picked up my X Refresh TODAY! :)
Double press roof of fob for driver door open. Double press again of fob for passenger door. This is SEPARATE from Falcon Doors control on fob.
I'm confused, this is exactly how my 2017 Model X key fob behaves. Is it supposed to be different?

I'm confused, this is exactly how my 2017 Model X key fob behaves. Is it supposed to be different?
I have a 2016 X 90D and the double tapping the roof of the fob does NOT open the driver and passenger doors like on an X Refresh. My 2016 doesn't have the self-presenting door package though. I'm not talking about the Falcon Wing doors. That's a separate button on the fob.