Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else notice how the energy widget in the instrument cluster no longer show the kW?

Here's what it looked like before:
Capture425.PNG

Hope they'll bring it back in the future!

Reactions: Seawind300
Forgive me for asking - new Model S owner here, coming from a 2018 Model 3. Go easy on me! ;)

So, I'm correct in assuming then that this means no "energy graph" or whatever it was called, like in the Model 3?
It was really nice to have a big graph of kw/hr and range info in the 3. Told me my average usage over the last 5, 15, and 30 miles and the predicted state of charge for my destination. This doesn't exist for the Model S? Only got the car yesterday and can't seem to find anything like it or see it in the manual.

Forgive me for asking - new Model S owner here, coming from a 2018 Model 3. Go easy on me! ;)

So, I'm correct in assuming then that this means no "energy graph" or whatever it was called, like in the Model 3?
It was really nice to have a big graph of kw/hr and range info in the 3. Told me my average usage over the last 5, 15, and 30 miles and the predicted state of charge for my destination. This doesn't exist for the Model S? Only got the car yesterday and can't seem to find anything like it or see it in the manual.
Correct, in the current software there is no energy graph. Do not know if it was not ported over to the new software or never coming to the refresh. I imagine it is the former and coming with a future software update.

Correct, in the current software there is no energy graph. Do not know if it was not ported over to the new software or never coming to the refresh. I imagine it is the former and coming with a future software update.
Thank you for the info. This is a very different vehicle in every way from the Model 3, and it's fun getting to know it. I do hope they eventually put some type of energy graph in it though. I felt it was a useful feature.

Actually, no, that is incorrect. The OP was talking about the energy graph on the screen behind the wheel (M3 does not have that screen). The issue is that the latest firmware wiped out kW numbers from the graph. The OP provided the old graph; below you will see how it looks now.
I have been pretty diligent with software updates but wondering if I should stop.

BTW: Did anyone open a service request for this?

Attachments

• E4763EA7-C937-414D-9A09-5F5601E2B94B.jpeg
    E4763EA7-C937-414D-9A09-5F5601E2B94B.jpeg
    517.4 KB · Views: 192

Select Energy from the additional widgets on the center screen (press the up arrow, next to audio). Then click on the Trip tab above the graph. Is that what you were looking for?

Select Energy from the additional widgets on the center screen (press the up arrow, next to audio). Then click on the Trip tab above the graph. Is that what you were looking for?
I don’t see anything like what you’re describing. Nothing in additional widgets that says energy. No up arrow next to audio.
Not sure what I’m missing here.

I don't see the issue with the tick marks being gone. It looks cleaner and the slider still moves along the side as you move the pedal. What good did those tick marks do for you? because I have that open on my screen 100% of the time and now it looks better and there is no loss to functionality.

• Disagree
Reactions: teasla
Without the markers there is no way to determine how many kw the car is using when accelerating or how many kw it is regenerating. You say the meter is "cleaner" and I say it's "less useful."
Completely agree. The widget is less useful - it just shows you a relative value.
I am seriously considering stopping firmware refreshes. Lately, there were some irrelevant “upgrades” and loss of functionality.

Completely agree. The widget is less useful - it just shows you a relative value.
I am seriously considering stopping firmware refreshes. Lately, there were some irrelevant “upgrades” and loss of functionality.

I am beyond considering, I refuse to update!

See my sig. I'd still be in 2019 if the SuC updated despite my pleas not too.