Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Without the markers there is no way to determine how many kw the car is using when accelerating or how many kw it is regenerating. You say the meter is "cleaner" and I say it's "less useful."
You dont need markings. full is max and 0 is 0 there is no need for individual markings
Imagine a tachometer in an ICE without the rpm markings’
most automatics don't have a tac so people aren't used to them anyway, since better manual transmissions have gone away which is sad.
Also a tac ≠ power consumed you're comparing apples to oranges the motor can spin up to ≈ 18,000 RPM's which is a PITA to make a tac for. So they made a visual gauge representing power consumed as you press down on the throttle. The tic marks served no purpose as the slider bar was the one that really matters as it fluctuates all over the place as you drive, even on cruise control.

You dont need markings. full is max and 0 is 0 there is no need for individual markings

most automatics don't have a tac so people aren't used to them anyway, since better manual transmissions have gone away which is sad.
Also a tac ≠ power consumed you're comparing apples to oranges the motor can spin up to ≈ 18,000 RPM's which is a PITA to make a tac for. So they made a visual gauge representing power consumed as you press down on the throttle. The tic marks served no purpose as the slider bar was the one that really matters as it fluctuates all over the place as you drive, even on cruise control.
Good to know you can do without the KW markings. For many others, there is a life between 0 and 100 though!

Reactions: Boza and beatle
They did this so when they start reducing the power we won't be able to tell as easily.
Hey look, it is back. Not my photo.
1633613917180-png.718742

I opened a service request regarding this yesterday, will post back when they reply.
I did the same last week. The response was along the line of “It is gone and we don’t know why or if it is coming back”. They closed the request. Generally, I am disappointed of the service level so far (a whole different topic), so I was not surprised. Frankly, such change should have been included in the release notes.
For now, I am not doing “upgrades” anymore - so far, they have been only downgrades.

Reactions: markn455
i exchanged messages with another MS owner here in ATL. He said removing the profiles and then creating a new profiles from scratch would make the numbers come bak. NO, it does not. I hope they will put the numbers back in the next software update. My guess is, they are gone for good.

Attachments

• PXL_20211014_222315848.png
    PXL_20211014_222315848.png
    672.6 KB · Views: 59
I hope they will put the numbers back in the next software update.
What firmware version is your Tesla currently running?

My guess is, they are gone for good.
As reported by several people here on TMC (and many of them in this thread), they are not gone, they come back on firmware branch 2021.36 and up.

Reactions: markn455 and cwanja