TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

no more lacewood

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by 132, Oct 10, 2014.

1. 132

132 Member

When checking out the D configs I noticed that lacewood is no longer offered

2. ENZA

ENZA Member

that's my favorite other than carbon fiber.

3. mejojo

mejojo Member

Yeah, that's why my change to S85D only cost me $3350.

4. lgagliardi

lgagliardi Member

I picked lacewood over carbon fiber. Maybe my sig will be worth more in time? Although now with the "D" and sensors, who knows what people will collect 50 years from now.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I noticed that too, but didn't know if maybe that had happened previously. I love the lacewood in my car, far more than the Obesche.

6. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

I have the lacewood and have received many very favorable comments from people, as they say it has "texture" in addition to the real wood look. My car has black interior with the lacewood, and the service center says they do not ever see that combination. Sorry to see it go.

7. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

I noticed this option was gone as well. While not an owner I would have bought the lacewood for this very reason. There was actual texture. That and I liked the look, obviously. Oh well, maybe they'll offer something new by the time the X is ready.

8. NielsChr

NielsChr Member

Im about to sell my P85 with lacewood interior, very happy with that choise.

I had planed to swap it out for a P85D with exact same config - and like your, very sad that the lacewood is no longer a option.

9. Sparky

Sparky Member

Yeah, I have it and love it. I don't think it displayed well except in person so perhaps they couldn't justify stocking it.
    Sorry they didn't find a suitable replacement. I guess I'd go CF next time since piano black is too much shiny stuff and the obeche just doesn't do it for me.

10. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

If you can hold on to your P85 until you take delivery of your new P85D, simply Swap the wood panels. It shouldn't be too hard. The center armrest panel may be tricky, but not too much of an obstacle.. Heck, that would give you something really unique!

11. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

When it came time to configure the color/interior of my Sig S, it was a no brainer: Sig Red, Tan Leather, Lacewood. Now it's time to configure a D: none of those choices are available in the P85D and only the Tan Leather is an option on the S85D. The other paint colors and interior trim choices leave me cold.

Sigh. First World Problems...

12. NielsChr

NielsChr Member

same problem for me.
    have a brown P85 with lacewood - and would like the same combo again for my upcomming P85D.....cry

13. Enadler

Enadler Member

Wow I guess I have a real oddity. Green and Lacewood! No if they discontinue the Pano roof... watch out.

14. Tslagrl

Tslagrl Member

Yay a neighboring Green/Lacewood :smile:. Performance Grey here too.........my friends are all wondering how I managed to get all 3 discontinued :crying:

15. kooljack

kooljack Member

I am picking up my Red 85 with lacewood and lacewood yacht floor in a week, a showroom car with 113 miles. I need the center console so if anyone is looking for the lacewood yacht let me know.