Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more loaners for post warranty service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but i had to get a control arm replaced on my model x (53k miles)... it was off warranty due to mileage. They would not give me a loaner and i had to rent a car.... they also took 2 days to fix it (after the scheduled service date) which cost me more in rental fees. Is this the same experience for others?

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but i had to get a control arm replaced on my model x (53k miles)... it was off warranty due to mileage. They would not give me a loaner and i had to rent a car.... they also took 2 days to fix it (after the scheduled service date) which cost me more in rental fees. Is this the same experience for others?

At least you used to have the option of a loaner. My service center never has loaners. They seemed to be all gone unless you get there really early in the morning.

This seems like common practice in the auto industry for post factory warranty. For my out of factory warranty BMW, they make me pay a fee if I want a loaner.

Reactions: dblankenbaker
This thread is a great example of the Tesla experience in CA vs. Non-CA. I have been able to get a loaner every time I have brought my car in for service and there is only ONE service center in the entire state of MN.