Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more P100D badge on newest ModelS Performance with Ludicrous package.....? Why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@PSUDoctor333 who did you speak with to get this correct? phone number or email? i was told to use the service option in the app and hit a wall with know one knowing what is what.
I called the main Tesla Center in CA. I called and said they would take care of it and in less than 1 day it was there ludicrous plus on my Raven Performance Model S. I wonder if I never said anything, would it have corrected itself eventually?

I called the main Tesla Center in CA. I called and said they would take care of it and in less than 1 day it was there ludicrous plus on my Raven Performance Model S. I wonder if I never said anything, would it have corrected itself eventually?
There have been people driving around for months/years without ever questioning why their ludicrous car only went into "insane" mode.

Ok I got my Ludicrous now after they sent an update to my car. There was a glitch in the new software. Happy now. They refreshed the software and this am I saw it! Thanks guys.
Having the same issue. How long did it take after they told you they were sending u an update? After scheduling a service update and being contacted by Tesla over text I received this yesterday

“TESLA - Hello, I am reaching out to you from the Tesla Virtual service team. We have remotely changed configuration to your vehicle and it may take up to a week to populate. If configuration does not take affect by Friday I would reach out and we can look further into it. I will be cancelling the appointment as there is no physical repair required. Thank you and have a great day!”

as of today still noting changes except the new 40.50.1 update. Still no ludicrous. Does this sound legit or am I getting the runaround. Did u get a message on the phone app or MCU about the configuration change or was it just changed in the settings?
Thanks

Hi. Yes, I looked under driving in settings and there was no Ludicrous plus as a setting and only insane as an option. I was told it was not configured in my display. I tried notifying my local service center but did not hear from them in a timely manner to correct this so I went directly to the main Tesla Headquarters and talked to someone there who stated it would take about a day to configure the new settings. It happened the next morning and found that I had the new Ludicrous plus settings.

Hi. Yes, I looked under driving in settings and there was no Ludicrous plus as a setting and only insane as an option. I was told it was not configured in my display. I tried notifying my local service center but did not hear from them in a timely manner to correct this so I went directly to the main Tesla Headquarters and talked to someone there who stated it would take about a day to configure the new settings. It happened the next morning and found that I had the new Ludicrous plus settings.
Also You have A performance Raven Model S if you have dual motor badge with a red line underneath it in the rear of the car.

Also You have A performance Raven Model S if you have dual motor badge with a red line underneath it in the rear of the car.
I have a Raven Performance X. The badge was removed when I had it wrapped, it was picked up at the dealer by flat bed. But my main display says performance under the picture.maybe because of the new software update and the holiday it will take a couple more days.

You need your Final Purchase Agreement. The badge doesn't license Ludicrous -- It is only a badge. Check your Final Purchase/order agreement on your Tesla Page. Print a copy of the Purchase/Order agreement (the one than show the final purchase price, taxes, down payment and final payment. Take it to service and ask that they contact Tesla Engineering to correct your configuration Service CAN'T install it --- only Tesla Engineering in Freemont can. Once they set up the correct config with Engineering, you may have Ludicrous pushed to your can a couple of days. This is separate from your Firmware Version.

You need your Final Purchase Agreement. The badge doesn't license Ludicrous -- It is only a badge. Check your Final Purchase/order agreement on your Tesla Page. Print a copy of the Purchase/Order agreement (the one than show the final purchase price, taxes, down payment and final payment. Take it to service and ask that they contact Tesla Engineering to correct your configuration Service CAN'T install it --- only Tesla Engineering in Freemont can. Once they set up the correct config with Engineering, you may have Ludicrous pushed to your can a couple of days. This is separate from your Firmware Version.
I already sent Tesla mobile service a copy thru text when they asked me for it. That is the reply text message I got back from them after they said they would be passing my info on to engineering.