Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more radar in Model Y/3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sorry, but for me the loss of RADAR isn't a deal breaker at all. It is a nice feature, but something that has flaws as well. Without a good way to discern/eliminate clutter it will always be prone to false returns. This means phantom braking, which is detrimental to the safety of the vehicle's occupants.
Agree and I have worked with RADAR and Camera's for Vision in my actual day job. The two together presents interesting problems when looking at a object especially when the disagree. Which is right?

Hi Folks, I'm new to the forum. I ordered a MY LR on 4/24 and picked it up on 5/28. So far i love the car. But I'm not sure if I have radar or not. I read that orders placed before May would be notified if their vehicle didn't have radar. I don't think I was notified, I've searched through emails and my tesla account and dont see anything. But my car says it was made 5/21. Also, my AP is limited to 75mph. Is there a physical way to tell if a car has radar? I think I'm going to reach out to my local tesla shop today. But otherwise, the car looks and drives great. No cosmetic issues detected yet. I drove it to an out of town soccer tournament and the AP functioned flawlessly at 75mph. Any guidance on determining if mine has radar would be appreciated. Thanks!
You have no radar - cars after April 27 are missing radar.

Unfortunately, I am one of the people waiting for their devalued Tesla Model Y...what a sham. At the very least, this should still be offered as an optional item with the lumbar support also an optional item. The mere fact the radar will remain in the model S and model X tells you something...the folks that can afford the higher priced vehicles are catered while the rest of us are being used as unwitting beta testers with the vision only system. Elon Musk has never been up front on any aspect of his business and pulls the bait and switch regularly with impunity. I fear he has gone too far this time; by removing the radar, you have substantially increased driver risk by effectively knee capping the vehicle and restricted it to fair weather auto driving only...this is not unlike the Subaru EyeSight system, it's useless when it's raining and when the cameras are covered with snow, dirt or mud it simply won't work. So, my wife and I are considering our options...stick with the SubaruTesla (without radar) even though we are certain to lose our shirts when we resale as it will be devalued or, stick with the "promise" from Slippery Elon that all will be well. THIS IS NOT THE VEHICLE I TEST DROVE ELON....stop the steal..lol...