Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more rear facing jump seats....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check Ebay. I saw a seller that had everything for $1600. I piecemeal mine for lot less since I was able to score the seat locally in bay area (seller was on here). Then I bought bumper reinforcement & seat striker brackets on Ebay. The rest (trim part on back of 2nd row seat, bolts, liftgate switch) I got from Tesla which was very cheap. Only thing is they had to order some of the stuff & never communicated when they came in. Service ranger came around to change out my window switch were able to confirm they came in & actually brought to my house afterwards. I think I spend close to $1200 for my setup.
Only thing that sucks is the heat back there. My kids refuse to sit back there now when it's hot out. I actually got all window tints which cooled things down a bit but still balls hot in the back. I looked into adding 12v fans but all it does it blow hot air at you.
Good luck.

Check Ebay. I saw a seller that had everything for $1600. I piecemeal mine for lot less since I was able to score the seat locally in bay area (seller was on here). Then I bought bumper reinforcement & seat striker brackets on Ebay. The rest (trim part on back of 2nd row seat, bolts, liftgate switch) I got from Tesla which was very cheap. Only thing is they had to order some of the stuff & never communicated when they came in. Service ranger came around to change out my window switch were able to confirm they came in & actually brought to my house afterwards. I think I spend close to $1200 for my setup.
Only thing that sucks is the heat back there. My kids refuse to sit back there now when it's hot out. I actually got all window tints which cooled things down a bit but still balls hot in the back. I looked into adding 12v fans but all it does it blow hot air at you.
Good luck.

Apparently if you take the A/C off of recirc mode it'll blow cold air back there.

Elon Musk shares tip on how to cool Tesla Model S 3rd row "jump seats"

Selling my basically new never used seats out of 2017 S. We don't use and thus wife wants me to get rid of them.

I can meet morning of July 25th in SF, buyer must remove seat. $1000.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 52