Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more rear facing jump seats....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With our 5th child on the way we use our jump seats often - I know probably very few S’s are optioned with them. Bummer! I may have upgraded from my 90D to a possible 120D if they ever make it - now will likely hang onto my S with jump seats.

The jump seats were another WOW factor to the car. It’s always fun asking someone how many passengers my car is - always shocked to hear it’s a 7 passenger sedan.

Tesla 'simplifies' Model S and X options, raises base price

I agree, I though they wanted people to buy the model s because of its higher profit margin. Now it has the same number of seats as the 3.

I wanted to buy a new ap 2 model S, but along with this and the lack of roof rack ability I guess I will just wait for another year or two before I look for a cpo vehicle.

I’m not sure why they think people in the market for a sedan want an suv? People with suv envy already have an suv, and it’s been that way for a long time now.

It’s great, they made it before the X was in production and there was no other solution.

I’m sure it has an additional cost for crash testing. And it might have higher risk for injury in a rear rear end collision of the vehicle in the back is lifted.

They also know exactly how many they have sold.

I'm sure tesla would rather have you buy an X.

Yes they sure would. We have a Honda Oddysey to haul the family and I use the S primarily for work (traveling sales). We often take the S on family trips - did a 10hr trip as a family for spring break which would have been a miserable trip in the minivan without autopilot.

I just prefer the S (better range and simply prefer the sedan) - guessing very few S’s get optioned with those jump seats and I am definitively in the minirity here.

Last year I drove my model S from San Francisco to Vancouver, and separately from San Francisco to San Diego. I have a hard time imagining that trip in any other EV for at least the next five years until standardized charging infrastructure catches up. Then we’ll have to see what the reliability of third party chargers is and what the utilization is like if there are a lot of slower charging vehicles around. Nothing is worse than relying on a destination ChargePoint charger only to find it is out of service.

I did love the built in sunshades in my non frameless windows on my A4 Avant though.

I ordered the optional sunshades for the Pano Roof for my recently purchased 2015 MS 85D. It is possible to install them so that they are secure and stay in place even when the roof is opened. Tinton outer windows is adequate, but just ordered one for the rear hatch so I will be ready for summer in the desert...

I ordered the optional sunshades for the Pano Roof for my recently purchased 2015 MS 85D. It is possible to install them so that they are secure and stay in place even when the roof is opened. Tinton outer windows is adequate, but just ordered one for the rear hatch so I will be ready for summer in the desert...
Yes the sunshades work to at least 120mph...yes I have them, yes I’ve done that. Note above 75 the software prevents you from closing the sunroof