TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No more release notes?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by whitex, Jul 20, 2018.

1. whitex

whitex Active Member

So our 3 year old Model S just updated to 2018.26. When I got in the car, I was welcomed by "What's New In This Update" showing absolutely nothing. I rebooted, clicked on T->Release Notes same thing:
    Blank Release Notes.jpg

Tesla cutting corners on writing release notes? Not tested on 3 year old or old MCU cars anymore? An update with absolutely nothing new in it? I will check when our new MCU S gets the same version, maybe it's just nothing new for old MCU AP1 cars (then why bother updating?).

2. E-Ryc

E-Ryc Member

Some issue with data connectivity? At least for me, sometimes it takes really long for the release notes to open thru T screen.

3. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Re-member

Got that updated yesterday, and what's shown at Model S 2018.26.3 is similar if not identical to what the notes showed me.

4. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

guess they didn't want to write

"improved, but haven't quite fixed that hedge lust at junctions we introduced a couple of builds ago"

" if you thought we were going to enable AP2 to work on as many highways as AP1 did, you're just in cloud cuckoo land"

" nags - what nags - there aren't any if you do as we say and jiggle the wheel constantly so AP thinks you're driving even if you believe it is the other way around"

"still haven't got around to fixing auto headlight inability to tell the difference between an oncoming car and chevron signs indicating a bend in the road, so will continue to randomly pitch you into darkness on rural roads just as you get to a sharp curve"

"expecting improvements to the media streaming or usb? - well you'll just have to hope we look at that for v9, with any luck we'll make it less than 3 presses just to switch to the radio"

"did change an icon somewhere though, but cant remember which one"

would have been nice if they put up a nice picture instead if they cant be bothered with notes though.
    now, where'd that bottle of islay malt go?
    cheers all

;)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. JD01

JD01 Member

My notes are fine. They're the same as 2018.24 so you're not really missing anything, but at least they display properly for me.

You should contact the SC. The updates don't automatically fail anymore when certain items can't be unpacked. They'll probably want to reapply the update just to be safe.

In case you're wondering, this update contains a fix for maps. Some of us were constantly getting a blank grey screen... Just the car indicator with no roads or traffic on it.

6. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Weee!

They used to do this somewhat regularly a couple years ago, if there wasn't anything new other than bug fixes.

• Like x 1
  7. tontod

tontod Member

Could be security patches also.

8. Russell

Russell Supporting Member

You can go to About Your Tesla and view the release notes there.

They are now using a picture of Starman for the Sketch Pad app.

9. JenkinsEar

JenkinsEar Member

That link appears to no longer be valid ...