TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

No more S75

Discussion in 'Model S' started by number12, Sep 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. number12

number12 Active Member

After Sunday there is no more model S 75.

Is this confirmed?

Will there only be S100D and S P100D or will they introduce a new battery size?

Do used 75 prices at least stabilize because of this?

So many questions

2. arcus

arcus Member

I believe S75D will still be around (just not the base S75, RWD model).

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  3. number12

number12 Active Member

Dangit. I thought I had the scoop. My apologizes for the fake news

• Funny x 1
  4. eleison

eleison Member

Wow.... I've only been on this forum for the past few weeks, and this whole idea of "continuous improvement"/"no model year" is slowly beginning to hit me. Its crazy.... Cars, if Elon has his way, will be like cell phones. Continuously improving. Expensive for the early adopters, but cheaper for those willing to buy the previous edition (My cell phone is the previous years version and I bought it new for half the price). Ultimately, electric cars will become a commodity; cell phones are already a commodity for those that don't care for status. Its crazy...

High end cars have always depreciated quickly, but man, with this constant amount of innovation, the value of older Tesla will slowly begin to depreciate quicker than ICE cars. Yeah, right now, older telsas may be depreciating slower than (or at parity with) a Merc or Bmw or porshe.. However, there's just too much innovation and the number of Teslas out in the wild is increasing where as the number of people willing to accept the draw backs of high end electric cars are staying constant. Besides that, pretty soon the market will be inundated by the "mass market" model 3. Where will that put the resale value older Model S's, X, etc?

Bottom line. IMHO, in the next few months, the value of used Model S is going to be hurt badly. I think the pace of innovation has been even quicker than in previous years. Also, I wish I was wealthy enough to buy a brand new Tesla and not have to care about resale value, because it's kinda cool to be able to buy an 100K-160K car, and see it go down by $$$$ and just not give a d###.... but I am not that wealthy like some of you ballers here :)

• Like x 3
    • Disagree x 2
  5. arcus

arcus Member

Honestly, I think it should not come as a surprise. It is bound to happen sooner or later. Firtstly, it is part of the master plan where the buyers of Model S (and X) help to build financial foundations for mass model (3). Secondly, what saves the current value of model S and X is that it is still relatively exclusive car (speaking in terms of numbers, as compared to other high-end luxury sedans on the market). Lastly - this is pure pun on my side - if fellow Tesla owners would not be so frantic about chasing after latest-greatest and just continued enjoying the car they bought maybe we could preserve some of that exlusivity a bit longer ;)

6. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

Older P85's could become valued classics. AWD is awesome, but there are those who cherish RWD performance dynamics.

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 1
  7. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

This was announced weeks and weeks ago. Why are people acting like it's out of the blue?

8. idleuser

idleuser Member

FYI, the sales people are pushing really hard to reach Q3 numbers. I just got a call today to put in a reservation.

• Informative x 1
  9. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

Wish we had RWD option on all battery packs

I’d prefer a 100 (non-D)

• Like x 3
  10. u00mem9

u00mem9 Member

If the loss-leader trim of the Model S is going away, it should tend to increase used values rather than hurt them. Replacement 'cost' is increased. Of course depreciation will still continue, but this change alone will have the opposite effect you described.

(There is another possibility that they will announce next week that AWD 'D' trim MSRP is now reduced by $5k, and that would hurt values)

Now if FSD suddenly appeared in an update, that would greatly depress AP1 values...but that seems unlikely since FSD turned out to be a fraud.

11. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

This could also mean the 75D is replaced by 85D soon - after all there have been the 85 kWh packs found in 75Ds.

• Like x 2
  12. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

#12 DIL, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    I had heard it would be EOQ, which would make it Saturday 9/30. Regardless it’s going away soon.

Edit: Guess it is this Sunday after all? Source:
    Tesla will discontinue its most affordable Model S this Sunday

13. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Voluntaryist

Especially the ones with coil suspensions! ;-)

• Like x 1
  14. _jal_

_jal_ Member

I was driving home and some kid pointed at me, laughed and shouted "Only losers drive 60s!"

Punk

• Funny x 12
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  15. tpham07

tpham07 Member

Nope. Compared to other luxury vehicles, Tesla hold their resale values higher. Luxury vehicles in general have the worst resale values. Multiple articles i dont feel like searching cuz it's been posted a billion times already but its on google if you search "tesla resale value"

• Helpful x 2
  16. AnxietyRanger

There are many threads of Tesla offering bad trade-ins, though, for whatever reasons.

My Model S depreciated much faster than my previous similarly priced Audi.

• Like x 1
  17. vigge50

vigge50 Member

One person in Sweden that are waiting on his Model S 75D have get his price reduce by little less then $5000 so I expect a price drop on 75D. That would make the price difference between Model S and Model 3 little more understandable wish I believe is needed but it will of course also hurt resale value of exciting cars.

18. vthomas

vthomas Member

Think several of us were informed that they would discontinue at end of qtr, so timing is a bit earlier than expected.

19. AnxietyRanger

...or 75D will be replaced by a similarly priced 85D?

20. lano

lano Member

...or premium package included on all MS.